Traps

Being trapped within her homes walls, was nothing new to Alex. She had, after all, felt that way most of her life. But being trapped and not being able to get to the one that she loved so that she could explain things was far, far worse.

As soon as Alex had arrived she'd stormed into her fathers office and demanded an explanation, but just as normal, he hadn't provide a good one, instead he had simply insisted that she needed to get over her dirty little fantasies and marry one of the good men he'd set her up with so many times before. Alex had been fuming at that, telling him that he knew very well that she could never love a man and that he needed to stop meddling in her business and her life.

But than, of course, came the princess conversation. The one she had sadly grown all too accustomed too.

"Your a princess Alex." He had said. "So wether you like it or not you have a duty to do as your told, and I will not let you tarnish our reputation any longer. Either you marry a good man from a good and proper family, or we disown you."

Alex had rolled her eyes at that. Honestly? She didn't even care if he disowned her. She knew that her mother certainly never would, and she hadn't considered him to be her father for years, let alone now. But what she did care about, what she cared about very deeply in-fact, was Rosie. She had never felt this way about anyone before and she certainly wasn't planning on allowing her father to ruin it, even though she might have already done that herself.

But, if she went back to her, and he knew of it, he'd most certainly do what he'd promised, and tell Rosie who Alex was in the worst way imaginable. So she had to formulate a plan.

Thankfully, she could rely on two people to help her, her brother Toby, and her other brother Will. The three of them had always been close, and Alex knew that escape routes where Wills speciality, she also knew that Toby would understand her and be there no matter what. And thankfully, that's exactly what had happened, al-be-it, weeks later than Alex would have liked.

But unfortunately it took them that long to make the perfect plan and run with it. She was escaping, after all, from her palace room that at that particular moment, was heavily guarded, as her father had proclaimed, until she became agreeable. Alex had had half the mind to beat up the guards and be done with it, she could have easily taken them after all, but she knew that if she'd done that, her father would do exactly as he said he would and Alex didn't want Rosie being more hurt than she probably already was.

At eleven o'clock, the plan began. It was up to Toby to distract the guards while Will snuck into her room. Thankfully Toby was the best choice when it came to distraction since everyone considered him to be the innocent youngest one of the family and doted on him all day long, so all he needed to do was to waddle up to the guards crying his eyes out in order for them to panic and listen to what he said.

Alex had to try and hold in her chuckle as she listened to her little brother cause a scene.

"T-There's a really b-big spider in my r-room a-and it wants to attack m-me." He said all cute like, and funnily enough, it wasn't a huge stretch since Toby did hate spiders and was always getting Will to remove them for him.

The guards immediately followed Toby as he lead them down the hall towards his own bedroom, thinking that it would be fine to leave their post for a second since Alex's room was locked.

But they forgot, in the chaos of Toby's distraction, that Will was notoriously amazing at picking a lock, a skill he had learned in his childhood whenever he'd been the one that had had to escape. Usually in order to meet up with a girl that his parents didn't approve of.

As soon as Will had gotten the door open, he gestured for Alex to follow him. She was already dressed and ready to go as they quickly and quietly hurried through the never-ending halls. If it hadn't been for the fact that they had grown up within these very walls, they most certainly would have gotten lost.

Once they had successfully made it to the servants exit, Will quickly picked that lock as well, and with a quickened grateful glance towards her brother, Alex was off. Hearing a small woop and a 'Go get er sis.' From her brother as she went.