Episode 12

Check if you've read the previous update

Unedited.. 🙏
_______

Though Shehnaaz felt disgusted she had realised that it would be a difficult task for her to fill up the barrel full of water. Hence she used minimum water to wash her face and arms to clean herself again after learning that she had wiped herself with his langot.

Getting back to work, Shehnaaz managed to pull yet another 3 buckets full of water with great difficulty and pour the content into the barrel. She frowned looking at the barrel which felt like a black hole. Will she ever be able to fill it, she thought. Her palms were red.. Tears rolled down her cheeks while she tried pulling a sixth trip and her palm stung painfully due to little blisters that had just started appearing. The rope in her hand slipped and the bucket fell back into the well which was almost half way out. The frustration and hunger made her miserable. She yelped and the tears broke out at full speed.

"Ke hua?", Prerna asked as she ran out of the back door.

Shehnaaz turned her back and wiped her tear. Prerna walked closer to her and stood infront.

"Tum ro rahi thi?", Prerna asked.

Shehnaaz nodded no and held the rope to draw water again. Prerna pulled her hand and inspected it.

"Thaare haat pe chaale padh gaya se.. kitne nazuk se haat se thaare.. main ispe haldi ka lep laga deti hoon.", Prerna said inspecting Shehnaaz's hand.

"It's okay.", Shehnaaz said pulling her hand away from her.

"Main kar deti hoon.", Prerna said taking the rope in her hand.

"Nahi, main kar lungi.", Shehnaaz said.

"Zakham aur gehra ho jaavega.. main gaon ki chhorri hoon, manne iski aadat se. Thaare se na hovega..", Prerna insists.

Gaon ki Chhorri banna thaare bas ki baat na se

Sidharth's word rang in Shehnaaz's ear. She felt challenged. She instantly pulled the rope from Prerna's hand and starts drawing water. The rough and prickly rope continued to hurt her skin but she was determined to win over Sidharth's mocking words.

Prerna felt sympathetic hearing her hiss but she realised Shehnaaz was just as adamant as her brother. She went and complained to her mother, Iravati.

"Sidharth..", Iravati called Sidharth who was reading something.

"Ke amma?", He asked.

"Thanne us shehar ki chorri ko baawdi se paani bharne ko kaha?", Asked Iravati.

"Haan amma. Prerna ne jo barrel bhara tha woh usne saara khaali kar diya toh manne usko saza diya se..", said Sidharth.

"Thaara dimaag kharab se ke? Itna saara paani woh kaise bharegi? Woh ke thaare ghar ki naukar se, je itna kaam karavega? Shehar ki chhorri se.", She said.

"Usne thaare se maahri shikhaayat lagaayi ke?", Asked Sidharth.

"Shikhaayat ke karegi? Maahre paas do moti moti aankhein hai.. maane sab dikhe se..", said Iravati.

"Maa usne galati kiya se, uski saza toh usko pura karna se varna agli baar phir galati dohravegi..", Sidharth reasoned

"Thanne usko pehle samjhaya tha ke? Pehli galti toh sab ki maaf honi chahiye.", Iravati says.

"Theek se amma. Prerna se bol do usko bas karne ko..", said Sidharth.

"Saza tune sunaaya se, toh tu hi usko rokhne ko bolega. Woh Prerna ka baat na maanegi..", said his mother.