Episode 14

"Sab samaan rakh liya ke chhorri?", Asked Iravati

"Haan amma.", Prerna answered.

Shehnaaz looked at Prerna in confusion.

"Maahre didi aur jija ke ghar jaa rahi hoon. Unke gaon mein chaar din ka mela laga se. Har saal lage se aur manne harr saal wo apne ghar bulaave se.", Prerna exclaimed excitedly to Shehnaaz.

"Kitne din ke liye jaa rahi ho?", Shehnaaz asked looking at the heaps of bag.

"5 din ka bola se par maahri didi manne ek mahine se kam mein na bhejne wali. Par yeh saara maahra samaan naa se, yeh toh maahri didi, jija aur unke ghar walon ke liye bhet (gift) se.", Prerna giggled

"Oh wow!! Enjoy..", Shehnaaz said.

"Ye le chhorri, mele ke liye..", Sidharth gave some money to Prerna for her shopping. Prerna smiled from ear to ear looking at the money.

"Thaare liye kuch le aau mele se?", Prerna whisper asked to Shehnaaz. Shehnaaz smiled and nodded her head in denial. She waved at Prerna, who then left.

A tear drop escaped Shehnaaz's eyes automatically. This was the first time she shed tears for someone else than her family. Prerna had become quick friends with her. She had been extremely helpful to Shehnaaz. She would secretly help Shehnaaz to draw a few buckets of water from well to take bath since two days saving her pain. She would also sneakily teach Shehnaaz milk the cow while Sidharth was in his akhaada. With her being gone, Shehnaaz was stranded. Though she could milk the cow with some kicks, drawing water was still a nightmare for her.

In order to escape drawing water from the well, Shehnaaz skips bathing and wipes herself with wet clothes. Sidharth on the other hand kept busy with his panchayat work. They both met briefly only during dinner before he slept outside on the chaarpai as usual.

The next two days the same routine continued and by now Shehnaaz was irritated because she didn't get to bathe properly especially when the weekend episode was to be shot the next day.

"Aaj manne khet jaana se.. dopahar ka khaana Bhola ke haaton bhejwa dena amma.", Sidharth said.

"Thik se chhorre..", Iravati nods.

"Aur haan amma, pass ke panchayat se ek aadmi avega, usko mhaari mez pe rakhi huyi laal file de dena.", Sidharth instructs before leaving.

.
.
.

"Kya hua aunty, aap pareshaan kyu ho?", Shehnaaz asks looking at Iravati standing near the door in tension.

"Bhola ki lugaai ko prasav ka dard (labour pain) shuru ho gaya se, toh woh ghar chala gaya se. Ib Sidharth ko khet mein khaana bhejna se. Prerna bhi apni didi ke ghar gayi se. Pass ke panchayat se koi aana wala se kuch kagaz lene, warna main khudh le jaati khaana.", Said Iravati.

"Main leke jaa sakti hoon, par mujhe khet kaha hai woh nahi pata.", Shehnaaz said.

"Ghanni meherbaani (Huge help) hogi chhorri je tu khaana le jaavegi.. Main thaare ko apne khet ka raasta samjha deti hoon.", Iravati said and explained her the route. Shehnaaz went to get ready while Iravati packed the tiffin.

"Thaare liye bhi issi mein khaana rakh diya se chhorri. Aate aate dher ho jaayega, toh tu bhi utte khaa lena.", Iravati said giving her the bag.

"Okay Aunty, bye..", Shehnaaz waved happily and left in the direction as instructed by Iravati.

On her way, she saw a big haveli. She wondered who it belonged to when she heard a lady's voice. To her annoyance, she saw Dia Dutta flirtatiously teasing Thakur Vikram Singh and laughing.