Episode 16

Unedited
________

Even though Shehnaaz was habituated to staying in a palatial house amidst luxuries since birth, the little dull room with basic furniture in Sidharth's house looked like heaven after her short stay in cowshed. She sighed sitting on her cot and the smile on her face didn't fade away even after an hour.

When she heard Sidharth's voice in the distance, she instantly got up and went out of the room.

"Thik se.. Thik se.. Aap kaagaj bhijwa do, maahre ko panchayat ke aur sadasya se salah mashwara karna se. Uske baad aapko panchayat se khabar bhej denge.", Sidharth spoke into the phone standing near the window.

He disconnected the call and turned around. Shehnaaz's presence stunned him.

"Thank you.. thank you.. thank you so much..", she uttered in excitement.", She had been eagerly waiting for him to finish his call and as soon as he turned, she hugged him with all her might, without giving him much time to anticipate. Her force pinned him to the wall and his arms spontaneously wrapped around her back. His heartbeats went haywire at her sudden embrace and words betrayed to leave his mouth as his lips dried up.

Feeling the warmth of his broad chest and the protective arms wrapped around her, she felt herself melting away. The glimpse of the farm videos surfaced her memory. She had seen men ogle at her, lust dripping through their eyes but the way he looked at her in that video felt as if it screamed 'she meant the world to him'.

"K..K..Ke?", his words came as a whisper.

"Huh?", She hummed softly.

"Th..thank you.. K..Ke?", He asked stuttering nervously.

"Mujhe ghar ke andar rehne ki permission dene ke liye.. thank you.", she replied in a feeble voice.

"Ohh!! Hmmm..", His firm embrace around her loosened as he tried to straighten by moving himself away from the wall. Acting instinctively to his reactions, her grip tightened around his torso pushing him once again towards the wall while securing her place in his arms yet again.

Sidharth was dumbfounded and found his knees falling weak on her closeness and touch.

***
"Shehar jaane ki ke zarurat? Yaha pe aake thaare shehar waale ne khudh namuna dikhaya se..", said Sidharth.

"Kiski baat kar rahe ho?", Shehnaaz asked.

"Thaare Aaryan ki.. jitni bhi ladki aayi un sabke gale mil raha tha..", Sidharth spoke with a disgusted face.

"Oh khadoos aadmi, usne koi galat tareeke se gale nahi lagaya. Friendly hug tha woh and professionalism naam ki bhi kuch cheez hoti hai, jo shayad tumhari samajh ke pare hai.", She said.

****
Their earlier conversation played in Sidharth's mind which made him realise that whatever he is feeling at that moment would never be reciprocated by her. This perhaps was just a friendly hug to convey gratitude and meant nothing to the hi-fi chhorri.

"Ke kar rahi se chhorri?", Sidharth spoke firmly gaining control over his emotions. His arms were open and hung in mid air, away from her.

"Huh?", Shehnaaz felt embarrassed. She pulled her hands away and looked down at the floor.

"Thanks bolne ki zarurat na se.. jab tak tu yaha revegi, tab tak maahri jimmedari se ki tu surakshit reve..", Sidharth said

Ofcourse!! What's wrong with you Shehnaaz? How could you even do something like that? Bhool gayi usne tumhe bada sa zero diya. Woh chahta hai ki tum yaha se chali jao. Waise bhi, controversy ke chalte, audience tujhe vote kyu degi? Shayad yeh week tera aakhri week hoga..