Chapter 18.Bystander(2)

Recently I've found my thoughts drifting away.

I try to grasp at the thin unreadable lines but all I have is only headaches and more questions.

The scenes that once played on repeat in my head felt like a indiscernible dream.When I wake up,everything disappears.

Their voices.

Their faces.

It was all blurry.

And then once I started reading again,the fog started to clear up.

But it felt wrong.

There was no sense of familiarity.

Everything felt like it was different,I felt like I was watching a rebooted version of my favourite movie.

I approached my colleagues about the issue on my memories,I'll never forget the look of pity on their faces.

Faces that seemed to say...

[So it finally happened?]

The more I read,the more unrecognisable images melded together,creating characters that I had never met before.

But I couldn't stop.

I had a vague feeling...that there was no point in stopping it at this point.

Those who I wanted to reach out to are long gone.

And the one they yearned for so dearly is gone as well.

————————————————————————
Cheon Inho is the leader of the Cheoldoo Group of Geumho Station.

A cunning sly man with thin eyes,reminiscent of a fox.

He is one of the first incarnations that [Kim Dokja] encounters in the story of [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint] that acts as a minor villain.

His entire purpose is to act as fertiliser to begin nurturing Jung Heewon into one of the strongest incarnations in Seoul .

A complete stepping stone.

A worthless extra that cause readers to feel frustration.

I've read this part of the story so many times that his character stopped being 'fresh' to me.

When he made his first appearance in the 13th revision,the unfamiliar name and face took me by surprise.

In my life as Kim Dokja,the character [Cheon Inho] didn't exist.

Perhaps it was because he didn't exist,Jung Heewon-ssi took a comparatively longer time to reach the level of strength that she did in other revisions.

She was weaker,but more human than she seemed to be after killing Cheon Inho.

Heewon-ssi made more jokes,talked more about her brother and father,her days during school and she treated me more as a sibling than as my 'sword'.

Rather than a comrade,she really felt more like a precious friend.

Even when everybody had reluctantly stayed by the side of the 'fake' Kim Dokja , she never blamed me.

[I'm so sorry,Dokja-ssi]

Right....

She said that even when I dissipated like sea foam.