21

Adrian's POV-

"Good morning students. i have some exciting news!" our homeroom teacher said entering the room with a bright smile, a familiar awkward looking boy following her. His blonde hair glinting in the bright light. "i know it's already been a few months into the start of the term but we have a new student. introduce yourself sweetheart." she said sitting at her desk and turning towards him.

"uh- hi my name's kai." he said rubbing the back of his neck as he scanned the crowd. his warm brown eyes finally landing on me, a confused expression filling his face before getting quickly replaced by a look of recognition. he squinted his eyes at me, definitely remembering our past interaction.

well, this is what happens when you're an absolute jerk to a random guy on the road. his hatred is very deserved.

i lowered my face quickly, my hair framing my face and thankfully hiding the blush of embarassment creeping up my face.

i hate myself.

my head jerked up as i heard a screech of the chair in front of me, a mess of blonde hair, blocking my vision. he turned behind, facing me with a little smirk on his face. "well, we meet again park girl."

"i suppose we do, park boy." i retort, hopefully hiding any hint of shame on my face.

his caramel-colored eyes bore into mine, giving me a once over before asking, "whats ur name park girl?" sticking his hand out.

i stared at him before putting my hand in his and introducing myself.

oh my god his hands were so soft. and my hands fit in his perfectly.

his thumb grazed over my knuckles; a weird look entered his eyes leaving as immediately as it appeared. he quickly retracted his hand as an almost unnoticeable shiver ran through my body.

he nodded awkwardly before rapidly turning to face the front. i let out a breath i didnt i was holding, tapping my pen nervously against the table and wishing for the class to end quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

brandon and i sat down together at our table, talking about some homework we had to finish the previous day, which neither of us did obviously, when a deep voice interrupted us.

"hey park girl. mind if i sit here?" kai said, his six foot frame towering over us. i opened my mouth to tell him to get lost but found myself accepting and feeling slightly giddy at the grateful smile he gave me.

pull yourself together adrian valentino.

i ran my hand through my hair, playing with my food. looking at it made me sick.

you're going to become fatttt. you're going to become fattttt.

i shook the thought out of my head and tried to tune into the conversation brandon and kai were having.

"wait, so where'd you move from?" brandon asked.

"new york, actually." kai replied, his beautiful eyes flickering to me and back to brandon.

"explains the accent." brandon laughed and tried to mock him, failing miserably.

kai threw his head back and laughed and an unknown feeling filled me. a warm feeling, as though sunlight were radiating from inside me, thawing my heart and filling me with brightness. his laugh made me... happy.

you dont even know him. and he doesnt want to get to know you so shut up.

his eyes met mine as i realized i was staring at him. i ripped my eyes off his captivating face and turned to brandon, "uh ok well im heading to class." before grabbing my tray off the table and walking away from the table.

get him out of your head, he doesnt care about you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the last class was finally biology, which was interesting at least and didnt have any distractions. also known as, kai.

i took my notebook and pen out while noting down the instructions needed to do the experiment and waiting for Ms. Reynolds to inform us on who our lab partners would be for the rest of the year. suddenly, a small knock on the door rang through the silent classroom, as a head covered in honey-hued hair peeked in, looking apologetic.

"sorry Ms. Reynolds, im new and i lost my way." running his hand through his hair sheepishly. she smiled kindly at him before telling him it was fine and telling him "sit next to adrian at the back."

wait what. im adrian. oh shit.

the chair next to me was pulled back as kai took his place next to me. "hey park girl." he whispered, his hot breath hitting my neck. i could feel the smirk in his voice.

ugh.

i nodded my head in acknowledgment, the teachers voice blurry in the background as i continued thinking about his breath on my skin, when i heard his voice, dragging me back to reality. "well, i guess we're partners huh?"

i whipped my head in his direction, "what?" i demanded.

"we're partners, park girl." nudging my shoulder with his. i forced a smile onto my face, while my mind raced at what could happen with him as my lab partner for the rest of the year.

im screwed.