Cracking Barriers: Part 2

It was a peaceful day at the Planter Household, at least as peacefully as it can be with multiple super beings hanging around. However, Hops was soon greeted by Agent Coulson as he placed a newspaper addressing the tragic incident with an experimental form of Newt Technology developed by the Roxxon Company. "Have you heard about this?" Phil asked Hops as he took a seat next to the elderly frog. "I have to say that I wasn't exactly expecting that Amphibia was capable of developing standard levels of technology. Yet, this does raise some questions. What kind of technology does Roxxon focus on?" The SHIELD Agent asked as Hops looked over the newspaper article.

"Based on what I have heard about the company. They specialize in energy production and often try to figure out methods for a lasting form of power." Hops explained as he tried his best to recall the information he knew about, "Although, there are rumors that they tried a few times to create some kind of doorway to shorten travel between areas... Not exactly sure what that means." He finished off as Coulson was surprised by this detail as he had a better idea of what this meant.

"You mean Portal Technology?" Coulson questioned with a curious expression, "That would make transportation far easier... Although, both SHIELD and Wu Industries haven't been able to develop this kind of tech." The Agent expressed further to the surprise of Hops. Hops was about to add to this connection before reading an oddity regarding the head of this project.

Upon further reading, Hops read that very strange occurrences have caused more destruction involving an Axolotl woman, Hannah Hutchins. "That's creepy... Apparently one of the survivors is causing things to be thrown around and blow up without doing anything... Like she is doing this with her mind or something." Hops pondered in disbelief, yet tried to make some kind of sense of this detail. After all, he has found himself living among beings that do indeed defy what was normal.

"Like a form of telekinesis?" Suggested Coulson as he became more intrigued by the article, "I must of not have gotten to that part of the article." He explained before seeing the confused expression on Hops' face regarding the term which Coulson brought up. "Right. Telekinesis is the power to move objects with your mind. SHIELD has seen people like this before since the rise of Inhumans, a subrace of humans with superhuman abilities. Sasha is one herself. Just wished we didn't find that out when..." Coulson explained before growing silent at the memory of the event.

Hops could recognize this type of silence anywhere as he once expressed it himself. "I reckon you lost someone on the field?" The Elderly Frog while he folded up the paper.

With a heavy sigh, Phil nodded in confirmation of the assumption. "His name was Agent Antoine Triplett... We lost him when Monica obtained an element called Terrigen encased in an alien metal that would turn anyone into stone upon physical contact." Phil explained further as he caught notice of a pair approaching the house. They were the Newt Yunnan and the Crocartan Baraka. Seeing this, Phil got up from his chair and press some buttons on his cybernetic forearm to generate an energy shield. Yet, as he exited the building to confront the two, Phil could tell that they weren't here to fight this time around.

"Are you the commanding officer for the other creatures like yourself?" Questioned Baraka with a mild growl.

"What do you want?" Phil questioned with narrowed eyes, telling them to make their demands quickly.

Though, Baraka held up his hand suggesting Coulson to stand down. "We wish to acquire your assistance with an investigation we are dealing with. Yunna suggested that we came to you due to the level of technology which you carry." The Crocartan explained as he gestured to Coulson's cybernetic limb.

"Makes sense..." Replied Agent Coulson as he deactivated the energy shield, "My team and I can help and advise you on how to deal with the potentially enhanced Axolotl you have accompanied you. Read about her on the paper involving the incident with Roxxon." He explained further. This made the two groan in frustration that the vultures which is the press has made this public already. Though, Coulson just laughed to show that he hated the press when it came to information that could spread panic. "The Press always end up making things far more complicated, don't they?" He stated as both Generals laughed with him regarding this detail.

Moving on, Yunnan approached Agent Coulson with a serious expression before explaining the terms of their cooperation: "Keep in mind, you and your team are acting only as advisors. Meaning overall, I have full operational control of this investigation. Any discoveries and leads that you find must be reported to me ASAP. In exchange, we will provide you with everything we know and allow you to use your tech to help us in the best way possible." The Young Newt declared before saying aloud without thought, "Although I doubt that you have anything that could help us..."

Yet, Coulson just laughed aloud as he gave Yunnan and Baraka a smudged smile. "The Agency I work for actually specializes in dealing with 'The Far Weirder World'. From advanced technology, supernatural beings, and enhanced people." Coulson remarked to the surprise of both Yunnan and Baraka, "Did you forget that I have a few enhanced individuals among my team?" Phil added as Yunnan grew embarrassed by her own remark.

Though, Baraka gave out a hardy laugh at this occurrence. "She even forgot that this was entirely her idea to ask for your assistance. Which is a very mature decision too. King Andrius assigned me, Kabal, and Kron to her. 'It is a lesson of not only leading a team but how to work alongside others, Yunnan.' As the King put it." Baraka announced with a smile before Yunnan punched the Crocarkan in anger.

"I am still not fond of this idea... But Andrius had to order all of us into this stupid role..." Yunnan lamented with gritted teeth and crossed arms. Though, Coulson was reminded of his closest ally, Melinda May. Ever since a mission involving a violent Inhuman which went wrong in Manama, Bahrain.