Prologue

From the ripe old age of 6 years old, Leah and Harry were next-door neighbours.

They grew up together and where one of them was, the other wouldn't be far behind. They'd follow each other everywhere and were basically attached at the hip - two peas in a pod you could say.

They were as different as night and day, yet they were the closest you'd ever seen two children be. You couldn't get far without one of them finding the other, they had an almost magnetic pull between them. When one was upset, the other knew almost instantly.

To witness such a connection was beautiful.

It was something that their parents almost couldn't fathom considering their young age. They deemed them as soulmates, platonic or not, they carried half of each other's hearts.

Harry was the outspoken, confident and cheeky kid. His cheesy grin and dimples got him almost anything he wanted. He was never afraid of venturing out of his comfort zone, trying new things and going on adventures.

He was the only person who could push Leah out of her shell, the only person who Leah was truly unabashedly herself around.

Harry was the sun.

He was constantly full of smiles and laughter; his presence brought out a warmth to everyone around him. He never had any issues being inclusive to those he came into contact with, constantly making everyone feel safe, comfortable and heard.

Leah was soft-spoken, quiet and effortlessly beautiful. She never knew it, but her gentle voice and smile alone could have anyone floored. She was shy with anyone new that came into her life, she preferred to be in the comfort of her bedroom walls, reading and drawing, rather than trying new things.

The world out there had a tendency to scare her, making her feel nervous about trying to accomplish anything new in the chance that she fell face first into the ground.

The only person that could convince her otherwise was Harry, and that was more for the fact that she enjoyed seeing him so happy when she joined in on his adventures. She'd rather bask in her uncomfortableness so that she could witness the moments of pure joy on his face when he succeeded in pulling her from her bedroom.

Anything that made Harry happy, made Leah happy, and she'd give anything to see him smile and laugh.

Leah had grown so comfortable with Harry, that he almost couldn't remember a time when she was quiet around him. They had been friends for the longest time, and he only ever knew her as the bashful and funny Leah that not everyone else got to see.

Leah was the moon.

She was in Harry's opinion, underrated. She absolutely glowed when she was happy and it was Harry's favourite thing to witness. Her smile alone comforted Harry like nothing else could, instantly brightening his day when he may have felt sad.

Her happiness shined bright to anyone struggling, helping them out of the depths of darkness that they might have been stuck in. She illuminated positivity and she helped people appreciate the simpler things in life.

The sun and the moon - a perfect pair. You couldn't have one without the other, it just wouldn't make sense. They truly complemented one another.

Being next-door neighbours definitely had its perks at such a young age. Endless playdates and sneaky visits into each other's rooms through their balconies was just some of their favourite things to do.

They'd made paper cup phones with string to connect between both of their tree houses in the backyard for secret conversations.

They'd stroll down to the lake not far from their houses, sitting down on the old dock and basking in the ambience of the crystal clear water, birds chirping and wind blowing through the leaves of the trees. It was quiet and secluded, they had it all to themselves usually.