02 | Utter Chaos

JAN, 2017

JAN, 2017

Today was usually one of my least favourite days of the year.

The new Year 10's would be running around like headless chooks trying to find their classrooms on time, while everyone else that was older and knew where they were going would be bombarded by the stampede of frantic new students.

It was chaotic, and I wanted nothing more than to disappear rather than to push my way through a crowd just to find my classroom.

I grabbed my laptop in one hand and slung my bag over my shoulder before locking my car and moving towards the front of the school. I couldn't spot Grace or Jordy, so I assumed they weren't here yet and I made my way through the courtyard to the front office to get my timetable.

I gave the ladies behind the counter my details before they got to work on finding my file. While I waited with a few more students inside, I grabbed my phone out of my bag to see I had a few unopened messages from our group chat.

Gracie - 7:34am
I'll be there in 10! X

Jords - 7:36am
Same! It's our last year of high school bitches!! Let's fuck it up!

Gracie - 7:37am
Calm your ass J, it's too early for your profanities :')

Jords - 7:37am
It's never too early G, NEVER!

Lee - 7:44am
Can't wait to see you both! I'm in the office waiting for my schedule, meet me here? x

Jords - 7:45am
Running over now babe! xx

Gracie - 7:45am
I see youuuu! <3

The door opens and in walks my two best friends who were giggling away, and at the sight of me, squeal in excitement and quickly crush me into a bear hug.

"I missed you guys so much!"

I hug them back just as tightly before we pull away. We hadn't seen each other for a few weeks now because their parents had both taken them on holidays during the school break and by the time they came back, they were getting everything ready for school so we had no time to catch up.

"We have so much to catch up on!" Grace says and Jordy nods at her words.

"Abso-fucking-lutely we do, but first, let me go and get my timetable." Jordy says and we both laugh at her lack of filter, even at school she has no shame sometimes, and we absolutely love her for how ballsy she is.

I join them at the front counter while they give their details over and before we know it, I'm handed my schedule and they get theirs too. We head outside and take a seat on one of the free tables before comparing our classes.

English Literacy with Mr Bernard
Building 4, Room 7

Creative Art with Mrs Jones
Art Building, Room 4