07 | Party Games

FEB, 2017

FEB, 2017

I tip my head back, wrapping my lips around the edge of the plastic cup and gulp down the remaining bit of my drink in one go.

I had found out through Jordy that the drink that Harry had made me was called a Tequila Sunrise, and since I had finished my first one about an hour and a half ago, I'd since had another 3, with more tequila being added every time. I couldn't taste it much, but I could definitely feel the effects of the alcohol hitting me.

Considering that I had never properly had an alcoholic beverage before, I should definitely be pacing myself more because there was no doubt that I'd be a lightweight. I didn't want to make a fool of myself at my first party, so G and J were keeping a close eye on me to ensure that I didn't do anything stupid.

We had moved ourselves to a secluded area outside after Harry had left us to be with his friends. The party was alive and filled with drunk teens while we sat down next to a tree in the far backyard for a little while, just observing everyone around us and chatting to ourselves.

After half an hour had passed, the girls pulled me to my feet and we headed back into the kitchen to get ourselves some more drinks. I copied Harry's execution from earlier and made myself another Tequila Sunrise, definitely adding a bit too much tequila.

We had spent our time dancing together, drinking, and trying to have a good time despite myself feeling unwelcome after meeting Winnie in person. I didn't want to let her ruin my night. We weren't interacting and I wasn't near her in any capacity for her to be annoyed at my presence. I tried to keep my distance away from her as much as possible. If I saw her across the room with her friends, I'd turn the other direction or go for a walk somewhere else in his gigantic house that I had been in many times before.

We were now back to dancing after having finished our drinks once again, the song that had just started playing was Bad Dream by Cannons. At first, it took a lot of convincing from the girls to get me to dance with them. I had only ever let myself dance on my own in my bedroom for no one else to see, so I had no idea if I'd look like an uncoordinated duck with my friends that clearly knew how to move their bodies in the right way to the promiscuous music.

They told me to let the music move me and to just let loose and have a good time. The alcohol had clearly hit me a bit ago and I let the tipsiness I felt urge me into listening to their words, my body becoming one with the music and not focusing on anyone else around me. I started to sing the lyrics to the song as I swung my hips gently to the beat while facing Grace and Jordy.

I couldn't think of the right words,
Now it's just too late

I shook my head with my eyes closed as I continued to sway my body to the music. The girls and I all took it in turns grasping each other's hands and twirling one another around with cheesy smiles on our faces.