you're lying

Kyles pov;

I heard my phone ring, 'this is a bad time for someone to call,' I thought to myself, putting down my sandwich and begrudgingly picking up my phone, answering it.

"...yes?" I answered after swallowing the bite of sandwich I was chewing.

"Woah~" kenny slightly whispered. Which confused me.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing-Uh, are you busy?" He responded. I looked down at my freshly made sandwich, knowing I'd have to wait to eat it since kennys a bit impatient.

"No.." I sighed.

"Great!" Then I heard him say something, but it was inaudible, curious I asked.

"What..?" It went a little silent on the other end before he responded, "N-nothing!" Then I could hear him audibly chuckle.

"Anyway..uh, since you're not busy~
I was just thinking maybe... you could come by and-out." His phone cut out the hang part, but I knew he meant hang out.

"Yeah, I'll be over in a bit." I hung up looking at my sandwich with sorrow before putting it in a baggy and placing it in the fridge. Then, dragging myself up to my room and changing.

After an hour and a minute of walking, finally I had arrived at Kenny's.

Before I could knock on the door or anything, the door swung open, and I was presented by kenny. He had a stupid grin on his face, and he was dressed casually, I mean, why wouldn't he be..?

He grabbed me by my shirts collar almost aggressively, pulling me into his house and shutting the door.

"Ow-what was that for?!" He rolled his eyes before I presume acting worried or something saying, "oh-im so sorry-are you hurt?" I rolled my eyes sitting up since he basically threw me to the floor when he pulled me in,
Rubbing my neck, which had a redish mark on it from being pulled by the collar suddenly.

"So is there an actual reason for why you wanted me here or..."

He shook his head left to right, "Nope, just hanging out!" I sighed, relieved. I was glad it wasn't for... something..else..

I could feel my face heat up as I thought about..that.. then kenny leaned slightly down so he was face to face with me.

He hummed before speaking, "Whatcha thinkin' about?" He snapped me out of the weird, almost daydream, he was smirking, I realized how close his face was to mine, my face became hotter so i pushed him away.

"Nothing." He must have had a relative idea of what I was thinking, and the almost cocky smirk on his face turned into a wide grin as he raised a brow.

"Suurrreee.."

He walked over to his couch, flopping down. I followed but stopped looking at the couch. He patted a spot next to him, but I felt a shiver go down my spine as I remembered what went down here only a few weeks ago, knowing something prolly happened on this couch, which made me grossed out.

He sighed, "Don't be a weirdo and stand. I cleaned my house." I reluctantly sat beside him. A second after I sat down, he wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

I felt a tingly feeling in my stomach as my face heated up. I looked away from kenny, who was facing me directly, putting a hand over my face to attempt hiding the obvious blush that introduced itself to my face without warning.

I heard kenny let out a giggle of sort before he turned away from me turning on the TV.

He put on a random show, which I've never watched, I sat there watching a sigh escape kennys mouth before kenny spoke, "My parents kicked karen out.." he paused for a few minutes then spoke again,"and she's staying with me now.." he mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

"Jesus.." I gritted my teeth then looked toward kenny. He was looking down at the floor, I rubbed his back as a way to comfort him.

He didn't budge from his position, a small smile now on his face as his eyes moved to look at me. He then let out another sigh before sitting up with proper posture and facing me

"That's the main reason I called you over... I wanted to cool off and get my mind off of it.." his smile slowly fell to a neutral curve.

"Good thing you call me, I needed to get my mind off...something..as well.." My sweet and sympathetic expression turned into a slightly disturbed and sad one.

He tilted his head to his left, "Like what..?"

My eyes filled with worry, I hadn't told him what actually happened to Ike. His case went cold, and it didn't get much notice since it wasn't even known to the public..somehow. Only my parents and I knew about his brutal murder..

When my friends or whoever asked what happened, I just told them lies,

"He's no longer living with me."

"He's being homeschooled."

"He's changed his name and identity after being stalked and harrased."

"I think he's with my parents or someone else. I'm not sure."

"I dunno.. just kidding mind your own business!"

And when it came to me, I used many lies,

"..I'm..fine, ok, great, better..nothing.."

Some I've already forgotten.. I just know they all worked.. but for some reason, I don't know what one to use or what to make up..

"-Ike" I slapped both hands on my mouth, and my eyes widened.

"Are you worried about him? He'll be fine-" I interrupted him, trying to make an excuse.

"He's fi- his parents‐ I dont- uh-uh he's-his-i-DEAD!!!"

Kenny looked confused.

"I-I MEAN HE'S AT HOME JUST A LITTLE SICK BUT HOPFULLY HE'LL GET BETTE-"

Kenny thurrowed his eyebrows, and a new emotion emerged.

One I've never experienced or seen from kenny or probably anyone else..

"You're lying."