01

Grosvenor Square, 1813

Dearest reader,
the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless... tactless mama.
Far better odds might exist in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton. A shockingly prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

"I am already roasting." groans out Eloise Bridgerton, not so fond of the restricting and uncomfortable garments she has on. "Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?" questions her sister Fransesca in disbelief over her fussing.
"Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day." Is the only reply she receives.

"I feel like a princess. Do I look like one?", their youngest sister, Hyacinth asks, excitement bursting through her skin.
"Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?" Eloise remarks, when suddenly, their youngest brother, Gregory bounds down the staircase behind them and steals Hyacinth's ribbon, "On your left!"

"Oh, Gregory!" Hyacinth calls out, and chased after him, frustrated. "Are our dear sisters still not ready?" questions Benedict Bridgerton, impatiently pacing around the staircase along with Colin, while they wait for the two eldest daughters of the Bridgerton family.

"Daphne needs some help. She's only been readying herself the entire night." replies Fransesca, to which Eloise unhappily grumbles out, "You mean her entire life! They'll be along any minute, brothers." Ever the impatient, Colin says, "I shall run upstairs and hasten them along."

"Wait Colin, I'll do it." Benedict argues.
"She likes me much better than you brother."
"What? Did she say that?" Benedict gapes.
"Everyone says that brother." answers Colin, with a smug smirk.

Tired with their pointless arguing, Eloise groans and let's out a loud yell, "Daphne! Carina!" At once, every other movement in the manor stops, and everyone looks at the young girl, "You must make haste!" she screams out. Satisfied with herself, the brunette swiftly turns around with a huge, sarcastic grin, and addressed her, now speechless, elder brothers, "Should you think they heard me?"

How very perfect indeed!

"If you don't hurry up we are going to be late!" is heard amongst the commotion that is the Bridgerton family. With everyone rushing on to get into carriages and onto horses, and trying not to mess their special dresses, it was a view indeed. It also didn't help that with the Featheringtons just across the street, Eloise was more focused on trying to converse with her best friend Penelope, than hasten along.

Witnessing her little sister Daphne getting so anxious all morning, Carina decided to help her any way she can through out the day, to offer some sort of comfort for the girl. "Is there any sign of him yet?" She hears her mother hiss out to Benedict as she was helping Daphne in the carriage and silently moves to stand next to her mama after giving her sister a sweet smile. "Should your brother wish to be obeyed as Lord Bridgerton, he must act like Lord Bridgerton!"