15

I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals

I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals. It stirs the passions and moves the spirit, and, this author hopes, inspires more newsworthy pursuits. A new wing at Somerset House is to be opened today, where several attractions will be on display... like the lovely Miss Marina Thompson, newly recovered from her mysterious illness and expected to finally rejoin the season. Of course, there is today's royal attraction as well, Prince Friedrich of Prussia. His Highness has come to our shores in want of a fine Fräulein. Could this be the reason a certain language tutor has been seen visiting Cowper House all week?

Upon arriving at the Somerset House, Carina looked around at all the paintings and artworks in awe, when Benedict dragged her away, using her as an excuse to escape their mother's nagging about finding a wife and settling down. Wandering around and enjoying the beautiful pieces hanging on the wall was somehow rewarding. It had been a while since she spent any time with Benny, being so busy with her coming out, Daph and Anthony were the only one she could still make time for, and of course, the younger ones.

Standing in front of a portrait of a lady, the siblings shared glances and in those glances, how they felt about the piece. As Lady Danbury stood by Carina's side, Benny couldn't help but critique the work, "It's much too cold."

"Exactly, Where's any sense of the subject's spirit? It is like this was yet another one who views women as decorative objects, thankfully it is not in nude." Carina agrees.
"That is what I am talking about." he says,
"And the light!" The siblings exclaimed in unison.
"Given the quality, I do wonder why the piece was not skyed with the other daubs." Benny says.

"Perhaps we should ask the artist." says Lady Danbury with that smile of mischief on her lips.
"That would be something, Lady Danbury." Carina says with a chuckle.
"Mm... Mr. Granville, why was your piece not skyed?" Lady Danbury turned to the gentleman accompanying her and asked,
"Mr. Granville, I..." Benny mumbled while Carina just gasped out of embarrassment.
"If you will excuse me, um, I must find my wife." he says and walks away.

"You diabolical... How could you let us rattle on like that?" Benny accused.
"How could I not, my dear Bridgertons? It was riotously funny, you must admit." And she walks away. Needing some respite after the shameful encounter, Carina did too.

Walking around, she was greeted by Prince Friedrich, "Miss Bridgerton."
"Your Highness."
"I was hoping to see you today." he admitted.
"Were you?"
"Yes. It seems the art is not the only beautiful thing on display at present." Carina just chuckled politely and looked around to escape the conversation, for she wanted to find a friend for a husband and as lovely as the Prince was, he was a Prince, a Royal Member.

And that is all he shall be, even to his wife, her Prince, perhaps in the future, her King. Also, Carina had no intention of having kids, at least for the next couple of years, yet she knew, as his wife, all her duty would be to the throne, and to produce as many heirs of the Crown as possible.