Chapter 7: Is this Plastic Surgery?

Frostnova is a boss that appears in the game in the fourth chapter.

Her character design is quite likable, although it might be because Mephisto is so damn annoying, creating a contrasting effect when they're together.

Just like her name suggests, Frostnova has ice-related abilities associated with the cold.

She even exudes a leader-like aura.

However, when Xiu Xian played the game, for some reason, no matter how this character was portrayed, he had a feeling that she would spurt blood the next moment.

And she did, indeed.

Now, the yeti's Princess is lying on the bed, eyes closed, surrounded by frost that manifests due to her inability to control her originium arts.

Even Crownslayer couldn't help but shiver at the sight.

"He's a doctor," Crownslayer said to a member of the Yeti squad beside her. "The leader sent him."

"Okay," the squad member looked at Xiu Xian. "How can we assist you, doctor?"

"I need her previous examination report."

"Sorry," the guy replied, "we don't have that."

Xiu Xian was taken aback, then shook his head. "Then I need her infection data."

"Sorry, we don't have that either."

"And that too?" Xiu Xian was dumbfounded. "Don't you have any medical examination data at all?"

"Um... no," the Yeti squad member seemed a bit embarrassed. "Is there anything else we can assist you with?"

Xiu Xian looked at the member with a deadpan expression. "Then please bring me two more sets of clothing. It's ridiculously cold here. Please don't tell me you don't have those either."

"Oh, oh, we have those," the Yeti squad member seemed to have found his worth and asked, "Do you want a heater too?"

"Yes! Also, do you have a first aid kit? And..." Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer, "your dagger, sterilize it for me and I'll use it as a makeshift surgical knife."

Crownslayer shrugged and handed over the dagger. "Don't worry, she's not as fragile as you think."

"Sterilize it," Xiu Xian didn't reach out to take it. "Please, as an outsider, don't try to tell us professionals what to do. If something goes wrong due to lack of sterilization, will you take responsibility? You'll only cause trouble for us doctors. Since you asked me for help, just follow my instructions properly."

Crownslayer's hand stiffened for a moment. "You're quite insistent," she said, then turned and left.

The heater, clothing, and the dagger were quickly provided.

Xiu Xian approached Frostnova's bedside, the icy cold air making his eyebrows frost over.

"You all can leave," Xiu Xian said. "I'll take care of the rest."

"Not possible," a member of the Yeti squad immediately replied. "We need to ensure the safety of big sis."

Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer.

"Don't look at me," Crownslayer chuckled. "If you can't save someone while being watched, it probably means that your medical skills aren't very trustworthy."

"Hmm," Xiu Xian turned back. "Now here's a warning: be ready to run at any moment."

Xiu Xian understood what was going on now. The Yeti squad members were probably concerned about Frostnova's safety, but Crownslayer's goal must be to further observe his abilities.