Chapter 21: Flashy without Substance

Crownslayer's disappearance caused a hint of wariness to appear on the face of the newly arrived man.

Then, as if sensing something, he ordered, "An assassin is coming for you. Be careful."

This guy had a pair of round ears with an earpiece hanging from them. He was speaking to the sniper.

Then, he raised his staff and said, "You damn brat, come out from your hiding place. If you come out, you'll be burned to ashes, a slightly more comfortable death. If you stay inside... do you know that we, Ursus, have a delicacy called Volcanic Stone Grilled Sausage?"

"Too bad," Xiu Xian's voice came from behind the wall. "I only know there's a volcanic stone massage in foot spa that feels quite comfortable. Shall we exchange contact information? I'll treat you if you come to Reunion later."

"You're sharp-tongued!" The man snorted coldly, pointing his staff. Flames burst forth!

These flames seemed to have eyes as they formed a parabolic arc in the air, heading straight for Xiu Xian.

But Xiu Xian was not one to sit still and wait for death. He swiftly dashed out and moved quickly through the streets.

"Futile," the man from Ursus sneered, waving his staff. The flames that were about to touch the ground soared back into the air, chasing after Xiu Xian!

In the end, Xiu Xian couldn't outrun the flames. He was still a distance away from the car, and he couldn't use his Originium to be a suicide bomber.

The flames exploded under his feet, and this man didn't have the typical villain's habit of standing and talking when he had the chance to kill.

Instead, fireballs rained down on the spot where Xiu Xian was hit, while he kept muttering, "Remember! Your murderer is the genius caster of the Ursus Empire, Strike Force Three, Kozlov! You will be the 113th infected to die by my hands!"

After saying that, he flicked his staff, and more flames rushed towards Xiu Xian!

And triumph had already appeared on his face.

Under this attack, that kid who was all talk and no action wouldn't be able to survive.

However, things didn't go as he expected. Suddenly, a figure rushed out from within the burning flames!

A figure completely drenched in water, with soaked clothes!

"How is this possible!" Kozlov looked incredulously at the charging Xiu Xian. "No one can survive in such temperatures, no one! Wait, water?"

Kozlov seemed to have thought of something. He abruptly lifted his staff, and fireballs were hurled towards Xiu Xian!

But an unexpected turn of events occurred at this moment. This time, Kozlov saw it clearly!

With a flick of Xiu Xian's hands, a large number of water droplets transformed into a shield attached to his arm! It was with this shield that he smacked away each fireball!

"Ice?" Kozlov shuddered. "You're a Yeti!"

Xiu Xian threw an ice disc, saying, "You're the damn Yeti!"

And once again, a firewall appeared around Kozlov, instantly melting the ice disc thrown by Xiu Xian. He loosened the flames a bit, his voice full of irritation, "What's your relationship with Frostnova?"

Xiu Xian took a defensive stance, his fist wrapped in ice crystals, and struck the firewall in front of him.

In theory, this thing should have been easily broken

through, but for some reason, it felt like hitting a wall, making a clanging sound!

The flames surged again, and this guy stared at Xiu Xian with gritted teeth. "What's your relationship with Frostnova?"

"You talk too much." Xiu Xian rolled his eyes. "She's my wife, alright!"

"Nonsense, the one by your side just now wasn't Frostnova!"

"I have multiple wives, several wives. I have a bunch of wives, what's that got to do with you!"

The layer of ice on Xiu Xian's hand instantly receded, and his fist was enveloped in a faint light.

This time, he successfully broke through the firewall, and his fist flew towards Kozlov.

Kozlov didn't expect Xiu Xian to be so reckless. Instinctively, he blocked his face with his staff.

And that was exactly what Xiu Xian was waiting for!

His fist transformed into an open palm as he grabbed the Originium embedded in the tip of Kozlov's staff!

Then, it was as if a black hole appeared around them, instantly sucking in the flames and everything else!

"The casters I've taken down, the casters I've beaten," Xiu Xian's face was filled with a wicked smile. "More than you can imagine! Casters are always so full of themselves!"

As he spoke, Xiu Xian unfastened the lock of the butterfly knife in his left hand. At the same time, he pulled up his hand and slashed toward Kozlov's neck!

Ding~

A crisp sound echoed.

To Xiu Xian's surprise, Kozlov actually raised his arm and blocked the butterfly knife, and the crisp sound came from his metallic bracer.

"Don't underestimate me!" The man's expression was incredibly serious. "Ursus special forces casters are not easy to deal with!"

Saying that, he raised his foot and kicked towards Xiu Xian.

But his kick missed, or rather, it was never initiated!

As Xiu Xian had moved first, kicking the man's knee as soon as he raised his leg.

Xiu Xian, taking advantage of the man's slight loss of balance, let go of the knife and grabbed his wrist in one go, then shook and pulled, causing the man to lose his balance instantly.

And it wasn't over yet. Xiu Xian slid with his feet and ended up behind the caster before he could counterattack. He delivered a kick to the back of the man's knee, causing him to kneel down with a bang.

At the same time, Xiu Xian grabbed his arm and forcefully lifted it up backwards, causing the man to scream in agony!

But he was also quite ruthless. He picked up the dagger that had fallen to the ground and stabbed directly behind him, as if determined to exchange blow for blow with Xiu Xian!

Xiu Xian didn't take the bait. He swiftly twisted his body, releasing his grip while giving Kozlov's arm another forceful tug.

Kozlov let out a muffled groan, but he immediately rolled on the ground, then quickly got up. However, his right arm hung limply at his side.

Dislocated.

Kozlov looked at his staff lying on the ground, completely devoid of its luster, then his gaze shifted instantly to Xiu Xian, glaring at him intently. "The ability to obscure Originium energy, and the combat techniques of the Lungmen Guard Department just now! Kid! who the hell are you?"

Xiu Xian grinned, "As you can see, an infected of the Reunion Movement."

"An exiled member of the LGD after being infected?" Kozlov used his left hand to lift his own shoulder with a creaking sound. With a grimace on his face, he reattached his right arm. "You've come to the wrong place!"

Taking a deep breath, he held a dagger in one hand, pointed it towards Xiu Xian, while the other hand assumed a defensive stance. His body lowered, resembling a beast about to pounce!

"I underestimated you earlier. Lungmen's close-quarters fighting techniques is impressive, but now you'll experience the power of Ursus!" His face twisted into a mad expression, as he tossed the dagger between his hands. "Come on, kid! Don't think that without a staff, we casters are easy to deal with! Today, we fight to the death!"

Bang!

A gunshot rang out.

Kozlov had a hole on his forehead.

He fell to the ground with an expression of disbelief on his face.

Xiu Xian holstered his gun, sneering, "Dumbass, what's the point of all those flashy moves?"