Chapter 33: Sleeping Together?

Calculating the time, Xiu Xian looked out of the window at the situation below the hotel.

Oh, by this time, he had already put on his pants.

Police cars were leaving the Taeglin Hotel one after another, and Xiu Xian breathed a sigh of relief. "It seems they didn't find anything today."

"That's not necessarily true," Crownslayer also looked down and said, "At least they know how many people came. By the way, when I was escaping, I saw someone getting caught."

"Who?"

"I didn't see clearly, but that place was quite bright," Crownslayer replied.

Bright?

Xiu Xian was surprised. Bright? Could it be the Sankta race with their built-in light bulbs?

And the most famous Sankta to most players is probably the six star sniper, Exusiai!

But Xiu Xian immediately shook his head. How could that be possible? Having a literal on their head for secret missions at night? Who would be so stupid?

"You can go back now," Crownslayer waved at Xiu Xian.

"Go where?"

"Back to your room."

"But I'm sharing a room with Chu Ning," Xiu Xian blinked and said, "We just had a fight earlier."

"That was just acting!" Crownslayer frowned at Xiu Xian. "What's wrong with you? Did you actually believe it? They're gone, so go back to your room."

"They may have left, but the cameras are still here," Xiu Xian sat down on the bed.

"Get your ass up!"

Ignoring Crownslayer's words, Xiu Xian continued, "Think about what Galileo encountered today. Multiple invasions of hotel surveillance. And tonight, all of you were ambushed. It's evident that the surveillance here has been monitored by the LGD, right?"

"Yes, that's right, but first get your ass up for me."

Xiu Xian remained unmoved. "Since they are monitoring the surveillance, when we made a scene just now, those guys definitely saw it. And now you're asking me to go back to my room? That would easily expose us."

Crownslayer tilted her head and said, "So, what do you mean? You wanna stay in my room?"

"Special circumstances," Xiu Xian said cheerfully. "Besides, after all, I'm the one who paid for this, right? In theory, any room here is mine. Does that make you feel better?"

"Feel better my ass!" Crownslayer walked over to Xiu Xian. "Get up!"

"Oh, don't get worked up," Xiu Xian quickly changed the subject. "Did Chu Ning tell you about the situation we encountered?"

As he mentioned this, Crownslayer's expression gradually became serious. "I couldn't really listen because of my condition just now. I only heard him briefly mention some things. Speaking of which, what's going on over there?"

"It's the same as here." Seeing that Crownslayer was being drawn into the conversation, Xiu Xian continued, "It's a bit different too. The same is that we were ambushed by the LGD while searching for something, but it wasn't as chaotic as here. Over there, it was just Chu Ning and me. We were caught by some regular officers."

"You mean it was a trap over there too?"

"I'm afraid it's not that simple," Xiu Xian took a deep breath and said seriously, "Leader, based on my recent personal experience, I suspect that there's a spy within our very operation this time."

"What!" Crownslayer's eyes widened suddenly. "Are you joking?"

"Who did you tell about the investigation over there?"

"The person in charge of the Lungmen secret base. Didn't you meet him?"

"He also informed some accomplices to come and support us." Xiu Xian said, "But you have to understand, the whereabouts of that guy have been thoroughly searched and investigated by the major forces here. We're late to the scene. And we still got ambushed! Isn't that too coincidental?"

"Why wouldn't it be a trap set by Lungmen?"

"We weren't chased by capable people like Senior Inspectors," Xiu Xian replied, "If it was someone like Swire or any capable person, neither Chu Ning nor I would have easily returned. It was more like a surprise inspection based on a tip-off!"

"Is this your assessment?"

"Yes," Xiu Xian nodded, "And I don't think this person is a mole from Lungmen. If it was Lungmen, they would have received the information about our actions and would definitely be heavily guarding the area. I think it's possible that some of our competitors are afraid that we'll find something, so they intentionally arranged this."

"That doesn't make sense," Crownslayer objected, "Didn't you say earlier that they had already searched and found nothing?"

"Code words," Xiu Xian replied, "For example, only code words that the Reunion Movement understands were left behind."

"But this 'mole' is from Reunion."

"That's why," Xiu Xian smiled, "This guy...isn't high-ranking and doesn't know many things."

Crownslayer frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I suspect that he doesn't even know who came and how many of us went," Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer, "Leader, I request that we find this mole first. If we don't find him, it will be difficult for us to proceed with any future missions."

"If it's really as you said," Crownslayer pondered, "then we do need to find him first. But what about our informant?"

Xiu Xian paused for a moment, then said, "He's good at covering his tracks. Honestly, since we have a spy here, it's best to temporarily halt our search for the informant. Perhaps... we can only wait for him to come to us. If this guy can hide under the pursuit of the LGD and various forces here, he must be capable."

"I'll consider this matter," Crownslayer looked at Xiu Xian helplessly, "You've worked hard."

Xiu Xian smiled, "It's my pleasure."

"Okay," Crownslayer nodded, "So... can you get up now?"

"Still?"

"The towel under your ass is for drying my hair!"

"No wonder," Xiu Xian stood up and touched his butt, "No wonder it felt damp. Fine, these pants are ruined."

Saying that, Xiu Xian walked to the bedside and began to take off his pants.

"Wait! What are you doing?"

"Drying them," Xiu Xian rolled his eyes, "Should I go to my room to get a change of clothes?"

"You..." Crownslayer gritted her teeth, "This is a single room!"

"Yes."

"With just one bed!"

"Yes."

"With just one blanket."

"So what?" Xiu Xian took off his pants and crawled into the bed, "I don't mind. Aren't there two pillows?"

"You son of a bitch!" Crownslayer drew her knife, "Go sleep on the sofa!"

Xiu Xian smirked, burrowed into the blanket, and looked pitiful, "My shoulder hurts."

Crownslayer's knife trembled, and she gritted her teeth, "I'll go sleep on the sofa!"