Chapter 11: Mission Briefing

Seeing that the remaining few people were not as difficult as Xiu Xian, Talulah nodded.

"Well, then there's no problem."

"Just a mome..." Xiu Xian was about to speak when Crownslayer appeared silently beside him and kicked him.

Fine, Xiu Xian kept the rest of his words to himself.

Talulah took a few steps back and turned around to explain, "You all have recently joined the Reunion Movement, and your backgrounds within the organization are relatively clean. Therefore, this time we have a mission for you."

"The recent incident in Chernobog was caused by infiltrators within the organization, resulting in a large number of casualties among our compatriots. It forced us to take action in Chernobog and..." Talulah paused for a moment, contemplating her words.

Oftentimes, leaders couldn't express negative sentiments or show weakness. No matter how reasonable and justifiable it might be, once said, it would damage the morale of the Movement.

So, speaking as a leader has always been an art.

Xiu Xian raised his head from below and interjected, "A strategic retreat, then?"

Talulah glanced at Xiu Xian and casually replied, "It seems you understand. We haven't chosen the wrong person. Yes, we must undergo a brief tactical retreat, but the crisis is not yet over."

What a stunning display of leadership!

"As long as the spies within the organization remain, our danger persists. However, we have countermeasures, and our informants are providing us with intelligence. Just now, we received news that our informant in Lungmen has obtained a list of undercover agents within the organization."

Upon hearing this, Xiu Xian's heart trembled!

He looked at the three individuals beside him and wondered if this was some kind of ambush. Were they all colleagues of his?

Fortunately, Xiu Xian had enough composure and silently waited for further information.

Talulah continued, "However, our people are currently trapped, so your task is to go to Lungmen and obtain that list, and then provide support for our people to evacuate."

"Therefore, your mission consists of two parts."

"First, extract the intelligence to ensure that our compatriots are no longer implicated."

"Second, assist in the evacuation of our people."

"Understood?"

"Understood!" the three individuals shouted.

"Hmm?" Noticing that Xiu Xian remained silent, Talulah shifted her gaze and said, "Dr. Xiu, do you have any questions?"

Xiu Xian smiled wryly. "Um... just a reminder, I was involved in the bombing incident in Lungmen, and so my background is not clean."

"Don't worry about that." Crownslayer chimed in, assisting Talulah. "We investigated it. No one pays attention to the slums, and any infected could've had their Oripathy suddenly worsen. You're lucky that there are no official records about it, so what you're concerned about is not a problem."

Xiu Xian lightly tapped his fingers against his pants.

This statement was intriguing. It meant that members of the Reunion Movement had already infiltrated the official institutions in Lungmen, right?

However, Xiu Xian's expression remained unchanged. "Even so... must I go?"

Talulah fell silent for a moment, then said, "Dr. Xiu, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't force any of our compatriots, but this situation is quite serious. Lungmen is not the only infiltrator; there are other forces causing trouble. A significant number of personnel have been dispatched elsewhere. Choosing you is a last resort. However, the Reunion Movement never forces our compatriots to do anything they truly don't want to do. If you really don't want to go..."

Talulah paused for a moment and then said, "I won't force you either. However, considering the safety of the members in this operation, until they return, you will be temporarily placed under our supervision, even your freedom may be restricted. I hope you understand."

"Fine." Upon hearing those words, Xiu Xian immediately responded, "I'm familiar with Lungmen, so I'll go. I don't want to be confined. However, Leader, you mentioned the members of the operation team here. Does that mean..."

Xiu Xian looked towards Crownslayer.

Talulah nodded. "I've also considered your safety, so Crownslayer will accompany you."

Safety? That wasn't really what Xiu Xian was thinking. He was afraid there would be surveillance as well.

"Leader, when will we take action?" The bulky guy spoke up.

"As soon as possible. I need to leave now, and you can rest in the vehicle later. Then, you'll depart tomorrow, and Crownslayer will accompany you on the mission."

"Understood."

"Very well. The codename for this operation is 'Wine.' Crownslayer will provide you with detailed information. I have some matters to attend to. You can stay here for a while and get to know each other."

"Yes."

...............

Talulah left, leaving behind Xiu Xian and the other four individuals.

At this moment, they all held a set of documents in their hands, most of which were their own identities, along with some introductions and maps of Lungmen.

The introduction to Lungmen was quite detailed, covering everything from the slums to the inner parts of Lungmen.

However, Xiu Xian didn't need to look at those. He turned to Crownslayer, who was sitting on a discarded box nearby, playing with her dagger as if she was saying, "You guys handle your own stuff first."

The room was silent, with only the sound of rustling papers.

Finally, the chubby guy couldn't help but speak up, saying, "Since we're in a team now, should we get to know each other?"

But when he said that, the muscular man sneered, "For a secret mission, it's better to know less. We just need to focus on our respective tasks. Get the intelligence, save the people, and come back."

The chubby guy opened his mouth but didn't dare to say anything more.

On the other hand, the tall and thin man closed the documents in his hand and said, "Let's get to know each other a bit. Lungmen issues its own currency and has been trying to revitalize international financial trade, achieving some success. It's not like Chernobog, it can be considered a behemoth. Our mission this time won't be too simple. We don't need to know too much, just briefly introduce ourselves and our abilities, so that we can look out for each other if any problems arise in the future."

"Not interested," the muscular man said without a second thought.

Seeing this scene, Xiu Xian narrowed his eyes.

You don't want to talk?

What a joke!

Damn it, how am I supposed to betray you guys when I get back to Lungmen if I don't know anything about you ?

Xiu Xian cleared his throat and spoke up, "Let's get to know each other. Even if we don't know each other, Lord Crownslayer is still here. Since we're a team now, we should act like one. What kind of team doesn't know each other? Only when we know each other can Lord Crownslayer arrange our tasks."

Upon hearing these words, the muscular man, who had been constantly opposing, glanced at Xiu Xian and then looked at Crownslayer beside him.

Feeling everyone's gaze, Crownslayer's lips curved slightly.

She jumped down from the box and walked to Xiu Xian's side, patting his shoulder. "I like that name."

Then, she looked at the other three and said, "Introduce yourselves."