😜One in the Front, one in the back... (April Kepner)

FINALLY POSTED MY APRIL ONE 🐎
Added a little pride month twist :) 🏳️‍🌈
No trigger warnings for this one either - I really enjoyed writing this.
(Just imagine how crazy I looked laughing to myself as I typed it up)

————————————————————
Fri 16th June

April Kepner was quite possibly one of the most annoying people you had ever met, gorgeous yet annoying. Her obsession with Meredith's man was one reason you didn't like her. There was also the fact she got him shot. The fact she was fired then re-hired because of a mistake but Izzie was pretty much forced to leave for making a mistake. Her voice. Her attitude was far too chirpy so it had to be fake. Overall, she annoyed you.

She was on trauma with Hunt and you were on plastics with Sloan. You had to work together on a burn victim in the pit. Her whole 'goodie two-shoes' act irritated you so you tried to keep your distance.

However, that was going to be hard. After your surgery on the burns victim, Sloan and Hunt wanted to go to Joe's to get drinks. They invited you both along to celebrate.

You weren't one to turn down drinks. So, obviously, you said yes.

April hesitated. She didn't have any friends at the hospital yet. Probably because of how annoying she was. You weren't about to reach out and be seen with her when she was one of the most hated people in the hospital.

"Don't feel obliged Kepner!" Mark laughed.

"O-ok. Yes. Let's go! Yes." She said, she still sounded unsure.

You raised an eyebrow at her.

Drunk Kepner is about to be fun! You smiled at the thought.

After two or three drinks at Joe's, Mark and Owen started to talk between themselves. This left you and April alone.

She was getting down her drinks quite quickly. You had to admit, you were impressed. You were struggling to keep up.

After a good few more drinks, you found yourself enjoying April's company.

You spoke about the graffiti down the alley by Wendy's and whether it said 'suck' or 'fuck'. You spoke about the rise in old women with purple hair - you suspect that they are part of a secret society of witches. You spoke about April's pet horse from her childhood that only had two feet - one in the front and one in the back.

"NO I SWEAR ITS TRUE!!!" She wheezed.

"ONE IN THE- AND ONE IN- I CANT BREATHE-" you could barely string a sentence together from laughing. There were tears streaming down your face.

"I had a gerbil once" you tell her.

"Oh yeah?"

"His name was Rodney" you admit.

"RODNEY!!! HA!!!" She laughed.

You both laughed so much, pushing each other and flapping your hands from laughing.

Just then, Waterloo by ABBA came on the jukebox.

You both jumped up to sing. You were so loud and so off-key and you laughed through most of it.

"No because I actually hate ABBA!!!" You laughed loudly after the song ended and you sat back down.

"WHAT?!! YOU HATE ABBA?!!" April was astonished by this revelation.

"Overrated" you shrug. Then you both burst out laughing again.

"That- that is a crime y/n!!" She pretended to tell you off.