Boys suck (Jo Wilson)

Request by -LUVLEXIE
Sorry it took FOREVER to update.

————————————————————

You'd been dating Jackson Avery for just over a month now. People had warned you that he was just using you as a rebound from April, Maggie, and Vic. You chose to ignore that because you'd had your eyes on him as soon as you joined Grey Sloan.

"I'm just saying - look at what he did to Steph!!" Jo tried to drum some sense into you.

You rolled your eyes. "That was ages ago!! He's different now." You defended him.

You knew she meant well. Jo had been your best friend since med school and you couldn't believe how lucky you'd got when you were both matched to Grey Sloan for your internship.

However, because you were so close to Jo, you could recognise that she probably wasn't the best person to take advice from when it came to relationships... *cough*Paul*cough*Alex*cough*

It was a Thursday evening. On Thursdays Jackson would wait for you at the doors so you could go home together because you worked different hours every other day. However, this Thursday you couldn't see him waiting for you. You assumed that he had a surgery that overran so you checked the OR board.

Weird.

He wasn't scheduled for any surgeries all day?

You decided you'd ask at the nurses desk.

"Hi I'm looking for Dr Avery?" You asked.

The nurses looked at each other and some of them snickered.

"What?" You looked confused.

"Cathleen's been having lunch for a while..." one of the nurses piped up causing them all to erupt into laughter.

"Crap... are you Dr y/n?" One of the nurses at the back asked.

Their laughter immediately died down. It turned into hushed whispering.

"What is going on?!" You asked, fed up of their childish behaviour.

"Ooo... you'll have to speak to Dr Avery about that..." another nurse chimes in.

"Well I'd love to but I can't find him - hence why I was asking you" you were getting irritated.

"We didn't say anything but... check the on call rooms I thought I heard something screaming in there earlier!" This caused the nurses to start laughing again.

You rolled your eyes and made your way to the on call rooms.

What could they have meant?

You had an idea what they meant - you just hoped they were wrong. You hoped that they were playing a cruel joke on you and Jackson was waiting at the doors because he'd lost track of time. But still, you couldn't let it go. You had to check.

You could definitely hear the screaming they were on about from the end of the corridor. It was a woman. You really did not want to believe it.

You walked down the corridor until you stopped outside the on call room that the screaming was coming from. You could hear a faint grunting and something hitting against the wall...

Whoever was in there was definitely doing it... loudly!

You debated knocking. You decided against it because then they'd have a chance to get dressed and come up with an explanation before opening the door. You assumed the door would be locked anyway so you'd try it and then wait outside.