Peds Patient (Arizona Robbins)

Yes another Arizona one - sorry not sorry :)
Inspired by LucyHughes910 comment - (I'm gonna do one where the character is a family member too - probably a sister, imagine how much of a gag it would be if Meredith has ANOTHER sister!!!)

This story takes place when y/n is younger - about 7 years old.

——————————————

"Someone page Robbins!! Now Schmitt!" Hunt shouts as you were wheeled off the ambulance on a gurney.

"What have we got?" Robbins asked as she entered the trauma room you were in. You were still unconscious at this point.

"Young girl - hit and run" Hunt says.

"Who could do that to a child?!" Arizona says, with real pain in her voice.

You groaned as you came around, groggily.

"Woah, ok sweetie - try to stay still for me. My names Dr Robbins. You're at the hospital - you had an accident do you remember?" Her voice was soothing.

You tried to sit up. You were panicked and your surroundings were unfamiliar.

"Hey - it's ok sweetie." She puts her hands on your shoulders, forcing you to look at her.

"Can you tell me your name sweetheart?" She asked.

"Y/n" you said so quietly it was barely audible.

"Y/n? That's a pretty name!" She said giving you a smile.

She noticed that you were still pretty scared.

"My first name is Arizona - like the state!" She joked with you.

"Arizona Robbins" you repeated her full name back to her.

"Yep! Do you have a last name?" She cleverly asked.

"Lots" you said.

"Oh really?" She seemed confused.

"From all the different families" you tell her.

"Oh are you in a foster home sweetie?" She was putting the pieces together whilst distracting you  from Hunt and the interns that were doing your physical exam.

You shook your head.

"Were you in a foster home" she said, she put her finger under your chin to lift your head up to look at her.

You nod.

"Where do you live now then sweetheart?" She continued to question.

Your body tensed again. You lived at the care home a few blocks down. You didn't want to go back though. It made you sad to think that nobody wanted you and the other kids made fun of how many foster homes you'd managed to get through.

"That's ok - you don't have to answer me right now. Just try to relax, ok? I just need to shine this light into your eyes because it looks like you hit your head pretty hard honey. Ok now follow my finger - well done! You did so well sweetie!!" She smiled at you again.

You weren't really paying attention.

"I lost Ray" you say, your voice breaking.

"Who's Ray honey?" She asked.

"He- he's- m-my bear" you said, sobbing at this point.

Maybe it's because you didn't have much being in care but you were really attached to your bear. You'd taken him out with you when you were hit.