Chapter 3 - Mister Boggins

The Shire, Hobbiton

In this quiet corner of the world, a Hobbit by the name of Bilbo Baggins was now forced to accommodate two unexpected guests. His Ideal evening had gone not quite to plan.

Much to his displeasure, another three guests were making their way to Bag-End

"I am telling you, we have passed it!" The young dark-haired prince said atop his pony.

"We have not passed it, Kili!" Said his older brother in response to his silly claim.

"Well, I saw the mark!"

"Kili, I am sure that a mark made by a Wizard would be much more obvious than that which was clearly a patch of mould." Anaynah finally butted in the conversation, "We can always ask for directions?" she suggested as she folded away the map back into her saddlebag.

"We are not asking for directions!" The brothers exclaimed in unionism as they shot her a look, as if offended by the suggestion.

"Alright, alright!" What is it with men and asking for directions?

The trio continued on their ponies and horses along the narrow streets of the town. Anaynah could only imagine how beautiful this place would be in the daytime, the rolling hills and grass would be a vibrant green with garden beds filled with all manner of flowers and plants.

"Over there!" Fili exclaimed as he pointed to a hole.

A Hobbit-hole.

The door was perfectly round with a coat of fresh green paint. In the middle of the door, there was a shiny yellow doorknob.
Under the doorknob to the side, there was the mark that Gandalf had said to look out for.

"Now that is a Wizard's mark!" Fili said in triumph to his brother, to which he responded by rolling his eyes. The Ranger smiled at their banter. She was glad to have been able to reunite with them. Many weeks they had spent travelling from the Blue Mountains to The Shire to make it for tonights gathering.

After their reunion, Gandalf had given Anaynah all the details of the company's gathering. In around a month they would meet at their host's home, who Anaynah learnt their name was Bilbo Baggins,
Or was it Boggins? Toggins?

Gandalf had given her strict instructions.

______

"Do not, under any circumstances find out your true identity, for I cannot guarantee your safety if they do." He said sternly, "Your purpose on this quest is simply to be extra protection for Bilbo as Thorin will not be responsible for his safety. You are but a Ranger with extraordinary skills in the wild, who I have hired to help Bilbo find his feet. That is all"
______

She remembered their conversation as she dismounted her horse. She wasn't lying, merely withholding some truths. Gandalf's true mission for her was far more extraordinary. Yet, in a way, she had been concealing her true identity all along.

The brothers tethered their ponies to a fence, joining others already present. Anaynah bid her horse, Haldor, goodnight before joining the brothers at the door.