Chapter 6 - Braids and Bows

The rain had always put Anaynah in one of two moods. The first one was that of euphoria. The feeling of droplets of water, the smell of the thick monsoon air. 
The second was that of anger.
And at that moment she was angry.

Their journey the next morning was early and to make things worse, it had been pouring down on them all day long. The company trudged their ponies and horses along the mushy grasslands and woodlands.

Anaynah was soaked from head to toe. Her cloak was proven to be quite useless, as the heavy rainfall has seeped through, fully saturated.

The mood was glum and everyone too was aggravated by the earth's temperament.

"Of all the seasons, we chose the beginning of winter to undertake this journey." Kili huffed under his breath. Anaynah walked along with the brothers beside her, they too thoroughly saturated.

"Well there's our leader," Anaynah said nodding her head towards Thorin who rode a few ponies up ahead, "why don't you take your complaints straight to him, Kili?"

Fili snorted at his friend's remark as that instantly quietened his brother down as he would not dare question his uncle's decisions. Anaynah sent him a playful wink.

Looking around the forest around her, Anaynah realised she was bored out of her mind moving at this slow depressing pace.

"I shall be back, I'm going to go have a look ahead," she said to the young brothers as she nudged Haldor into a trot.

As she moved up the side of the line, she slowed down when she noticed the Hobbit fully soaked and without a cloak or warm jacket.

    "Oh, Bilbo dear, can I offer you a spare cloak?" asked the Ranger as she came up beside him

The poor Hobbit looked incredibly uncomfortable as he blinked the water out of his eyes.

"Uh no thank you, that's quite alright. I think it's a bit late anyway." he politely declined as he awkwardly referred to the fact he was already drenched.

"Well, do forgive me for not offering it sooner."

"Here, Mr Gandalf?" Anaynah turned her head to see Dori calling out to the front of the group, "Can't you do something about this deluge?" he suggested.

"It is raining Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done," Gandalf replied and Anaynah could not help but chuckle at his snarky comment.
"If you wish to change the weather of the world then you should find yourself another Wizard."

Bilbo's ears perked up.

"Are there any?"

"What?"

"Other Wizards?" Bilbo asked in curiosity.

"There are us, the greatest of our order is Saruman the White. Then there are the two blue Wizards... You know I've quite forgotten their names.