Chapter 12 - Moon Runes

Present Day,
Rivendell

    Anaynah slowly opened her eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on her face.
What odd dreams she had that night, it must have been being in Rivendell. Being around her old home surfaced many memories.

    She sat up in bed, feeling the softness of the blankets and pillows surrounding her. She looked around the room, taking in the beautiful decor and the intricate woodwork of the furniture. She got up from the bed, feeling the cool wooden floor under her feet. As she walked towards the window, she could hear the soft rustling of leaves and the sound of birds chirping outside. She opened the window, feeling the cool breeze on her face, and was greeted by the breathtaking view of the gardens of Rivendell.

    The towering trees provided shade from the sun, and the vibrant colours of the flowers and foliage created a breathtaking landscape

    The towering trees provided shade from the sun, and the vibrant colours of the flowers and foliage created a breathtaking landscape. She could see the gentle flow of the nearby stream and the distant mountains on the horizon. She took a deep breath, feeling the cool and refreshing air filling her lungs.

    This would be the second day the company would spend in Rivendell, and Anaynah thought she best find them soon as she did not know how long they planned to stay here.

    Upon wandering the familiar corridors, she soon crossed paths with Elrond as he stepped into the hallway from a balcony.

    "Adar." Anaynah bowed her head and smiled at her father.

    "Anaynah, dear." Elrond returned the gesture, "Man i vethed? [How did you sleep?]"

    "Gwell nîn na ngwannath vi ardhon, mae nîn yn teimlo'n ffrîsch. [Better than I have for many weeks, I feel very refreshed.]"

    It was true, months it had been since she slept on a bed as comfortable as her own in the valley, and her sleep was very satisfying as she was utterly exhausted.

    "A chenithon? Mae dolur arnoch, o gwbl? [And your wound? Are you in any pain, whatsoever?]"

    "Na, adar. Nîn na leithio thîdh echui, hannon le. [No, father. I am in no discomfort at all thank you.]" Anaynah's heart warmed at her father's concern for her. After all this time he still saw her as his own.
"Nîn na chwedhel leithio thîdh echui i naugrim? Mi acho i leithio ammen na sídh echui ó adhorthad na dîn. [I do not suppose you know where the Dwarves might be? I think it best I have not seen them since dinner last night.]"

    "Nîn na vedui leithio i dhûnath orchui. Aníron boe na i Holbytla na chýr thîdh echui. [I know not where the rest of your companions are. However, there is a Hobbit right here that I believe could use some company.]"

    Bilbo?

    "I shall see you later, iel nîn. [my daughter.]"
With that, the Elven Lord walked past Anaynah, leaving her in her own company to tend to the homesick Hobbit.