Chapter 15 - The Fever

Anaynah at 22 years of age,
Rivendell

"Move your feet!"

The courtyards of Rivendell were full of commotion. Mainly coming from Elladan as he watched his twin brother spar with his youngest sister.
A routine it was for them, every Saturday morning they would join, practice and refine their skills amongst each other.

Elohir and Anaynah faced each other in the square, swords at the ready. He made a move, lunging forward with his blade. Anaynah deftly sidestepped, her own sword flashing in the morning sun. They exchanged several blows, each one blocked or parried by the other.

"You're getting better," Elohir said, grinning.

"I've had a good teacher," Anaynah replied, her eyes glinting with determination.

"She does not mean you, brother!" Elladan taunted as he called out from the side of the square.

They continued to spar, their movements fluid and graceful. The sound of metal clashing against metal echoed through the courtyard as they fought. Suddenly, Elohir slipped, and Anaynah took advantage of the opening, landing a quick strike on his shoulder.

"Nice move," Elohir said, rubbing his shoulder. "But do not get too bold."

"I wouldn't dream of it."Anaynah laughed.

They resumed their duel, both of them sweating and breathing heavily. Finally, Anaynah made a misstep, and Elohir seized the opportunity, disarming her with a swift strike.

Elohir grinned as Anaynah stood disappointed, holding up her hands in surrender.

"You win. I yield."

"It was a good effort, sister. Do not take the loss too hard." Elohir lowered his sword, grinning triumphantly.

"No, it was a poor effort." She grumbled.

"You cannot win every time."

        "No, it is not that-"

"Dreadful footwork from you today, Elohir!"
Elladan commented as he marched up to the pair, Anaynah dusting off her tunic.

"Do not start with me, Elladan. I suggest you stick with your bows."

Anayna laughed at her brothers jesting. It was true, Elladan was a most skilled bowman whilst Elohir fancied the blade. However, Anaynah inherited both skills as her brothers were eager to share their knowledge with her as she grew.

"Ah, look! Arwen fancies a turn. A dual sister?" Elohir chimed.

Anaynah's head turned to the pathway to see her older sister making her way down to them.

"Do not antagonize her, brother. Arwen is just as skilled to bring you weeping on the floor." Anaynah chuckled as she spoke.

"You would do well to heed her advice, Elohir," Arwen spoke with a smirk as she joined the circle.
It was true, Arwen was indeed skilled with a blade, however, she did not ride into battle with her father and siblings, but rather stayed back to help the injured.
"I am here to ask you three to join me and adar for morning tea."

"I am quite famished, a cup of tea does sound appealing," Elohir spoke quickly as he put away his weapon.

"Anaynah, what say we resume training following morning tea? We shall move on to our archery." Elladan suggested as he too was starved.

"I am happy with that, I believe I need a rest. My head is all over the place today. I cannot seem to focus." Anaynah pointed out, concerned as she rubbed her temple. Elladan took notice of her troubled state.