00. iana's entries

Entry #12

Yes, I do realize that writing in my fifth grade notebook is a very lame way of admitting the fact that I am lonely, but that's besides the point. My father has decided to send me to this 'Wilderness School' kilometers away from home in Armpit, Nevada. Now, I don't know if the rumors have truly started to get to him, but I DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT send that lady into a concussion.

I was more than five meters away from her, hands filled with nothing but a hair pin, and suddenly, the Karen across the street decided to accuse me of witchcraft, out of all the things in the world, witchcraft? Just because the ends of my hair turned red? Listen lady, this isn't the 1600's, chill.

Or maybe not, since your neighbor's daughter can see ghosts.

Anyways, it doesn't change the fact that I am now on my way to experience the worst schooling of my life. Star Student Iana is out the window, say hello to Trashy Hwang Eunji. I hope someone there is nice enough to sit with me at lunch, or just sit with me in general. Then I won't be miserable for the entirety of my time there.

Entry #23

Turns out, it was easy to become the outcasts at school. Just have slightly different features then everyone else and boom! The racist train of comments comes crashing in. It doesn't really matter to me, but I'm sure Leo would argue, since I've gotten into ten fights already, and it hasn't even been half the semester.

Leo was a short guy I met during introductions, funny, but short. Maybe that's the appeal to his humor (I'm kidding). He liked making weird crafts, or inventions, as he likes to call them. I liked him, mostly because he doesn't question the fact that my hair turned red for a solid five minutes then went back to brown on a daily basis.

But, there's this other girl. I haven't gotten close to her yet, since she was Leo's friend, but she was so pretty and I think I kept staring at her to the point that she thinks I'm werd or something (yikes). It's whatever, I don't mind if the pretty girl likes me or not.

Entry #58

Piper McLean was the coolest person I have ever met. She was pretty, smart, and god damn cute, no matter how much she tried to deny it. She was never ashamed of who she was, always stuck by my side whenever another rumor about me started, always scolded me for getting into fights (even though I'm pretty sure she enjoys seeing me win them).

Sometimes, I wonder, if she ever thinks about me the same. It's silly, my feelings for her, but I just can't help it. If anyone at this school ever found out I'd be dead meat. It's shitty, knowing people will make a full 180 on their thoughts just because of this. Um hello, guys like girls too so it'd be very hypocritical of them to shame me for liking a girl.

I swear, if Leo ever see's what I write in here, he would so rat my crush on Piper to Piper. But, I'm sure it'll pass. It always does.

Entry #74

I swear, every time Dylan even looks at Piper I feel like eating my own heart out. I'm rolling my eyes just from thinking about it. What makes it worst is I have to work with him for a two week science project. I guess star student Iana is making a return. I wish I could control the ghosts I keep on seeing and make them haunt him to the point he's too scared to ever sit next to me ever again. But that's personal Iana struggles.

Also, Leo keeps on teasing me about the obvious fact that I like my best friend. Like shut up, I get how this resembles your average teen romance movie. Someday he might even start setting us up. But I don't even know if Piper likes me.

Yes she holds my hand a lot, hugs me from behind, sneaks into my dorm at night just to talk to me, but that doesn't mean she likes me. She could just be very affectionate and clingy to her girl friends. Or maybe Leo was right and she's completely head over heels for me.

I might just have to use flower petals to draw a conclusion.

Entry #100

I now realize that I haven't been writing the dates of every single diary entry in this book, so even though it's nearly the end of the semester, it kind of looks like I've been in this hell hole for a hundred days. Staying delusional always does the trick.

But what DOESN'T does the trick is having to keep a relationship a secret for nearly two months. Turns out, Piper was much more bold during midnight, specifically the ones where the star shined so bright I almost feel like keeping one to myself. Still can't believe she kissed me before I could even finish the script I prepared.

I hope Leo won't be mad about the fact that we haven't told him yet. He'll explode and then force me to give him the money that I definitely do not have, but yet still betted on one random Monday morning. I'll never hear the end of it.

Shit, it's nearly one AM, and my candle's nearly out. Tomorrow we have a field trip to the grand canyon, which is pretty cool. I hope Dylan falls off the skywalk or something, or maybe Isabel would trip and fall, then her makeup would smear on the glass. That would be really funny.

I'll write down my thoughts on the big pit tomorrow, crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong. I'm not letting this fieldtrip be my third shitty day of the week.

nadine speaks!

this was supposed to be the synopsis but i think it's too long to be one so it's sort of a prologue