interlude

↳ interlude ₊˚

↳ interlude ₊˚.༄
[# absence makes the
heart grow fonder]

JASON HADN'T BEEN EXACTLY TRUTHFUL TO HIS FRIENDS. He wasn't even sure if he'd end up telling them much about his past. A few weeks since the winter solstice had gone by, and with every night that dawned upon the camp was a new memory, a piece of his past that had been brought to light again.

He started to realize the pattern that would appear. Most nights it would be about the time spent at Camp Jupiter, snippets of his sparring sessions or war games from various years. A lot of his quest's would come flooding back, all the troubles and casualties he had gone through for being a son of Jupiter to being Praetor. But once a week, it would be about Arabella.

About her honey-like voice, the smiles she would give him whenever their schedules crossed on centurion duties, the worries they shared with each other. There was an ever growing list of scenarios where he caught himself searching for her. Any victory he had, any discovery he had, Jason always expected to meet her half way through the crowd.

The constant weather at Camp Half Blood was starting to become less abnormal the longer he stayed. He appreciated the warmth that accompanied him as he took a break from sparring, letting the poor Hermes kid let his guard down and walk away from the arena.

The familiar chatter of two girl's caught his attention, turning around to find Iana and Piper on their regular walks around camp. A smile broke onto his features. It was nice seeing the two happy with each other, though his happy feeling soon left when his thoughts trailed back to her again.

Arabella's seventeenth birthday had passed by the time he regained most of his memories, and he couldn't stop the feeling of guilt creeping on to him.

A part of Jason desperately hoped she would be spared from the prophecy of nine, kept safe in the walls of camp and New Rome, but a small voice in his head was sure their fates had been tangled into this war against giants, just like the last.

author's note!

sneak peak of our ninth member of the prophecy???

arabella is actually such a badass sweetheart you all are going to love her!!