28. two girls and their wingmen

↳ chapter twenty-eight ₊˚

↳ chapter twenty-eight ₊˚.༄
[# two girls and their wingmen]

IANA HAD BEEN ASLEEP FOR 12 HOURS. ATLEAST, THAT WAS WHAT WILL Solace said when she'd woke up. She assumed it had been early morning, then, somewhere around seven or eight o'clock. One thing she learned about Camp Half-Blood was that the weather was constant, always sunny and warm, so she was only half surprised by the fact that sunlight was slipping through the window.

"When am I allowed to leave?" Iana asked Will, who she just learned was younger than her.

"Until you're better," he said, taking a seat on the stool from another patient's bed.

Iana sighed. "I'm being serious."

"So am I," he replied, handing her a small vile. "Here, take some nectar. It'll help prevent future headaches."

The short haired girl took the clear vile, inspecting the golden liquid held inside. She looked up warily at Will. "Can I leave after?"

The blond scratched the back of his neck, examining the bandages wrapped around her wrist. "Well... You are almost healed. Most of your cuts have dried. Your bruises have faded exceptionally fast. Too fast, actually. But perhaps my dad tended to you himself. Just don't push yourself too hard."

Iana nodded and uncorked the vile and swallowed its contents in one go. The liquid tasted like the fruity, iced drinks her dad would buy her back in Korea. Shit, her dad. When had she last spoken to him?

She vaguely remembered swearing to herself to not answer any calls or texts from her father during the beginning of the year. But, maybe he had forgotten about her, too, since she wasn't informed of any message he might have wanted to pass over.

"Hey, Will," she started, semi-surprised the boy hadn't left while she'd been spacing out. "Have you seen Leo, or Piper, or Jason?"

She half expected him to say no. Why would they? They'd gotten to camp nearing the evening and her friends must have been tired from their quest. But his response was a yes, saying that Leo stopped vomiting in the brazier once he noticed her unconscious figure. He also claimed that Piper kept insisting to stay in the infirmary so she'd have a familiar face to see when she woke up, but Will had forced her back into her cabin for the sake of her own fatigue.

He mentioned Jason's name last, that her friend had taken her from Piper's arm and carried her to the infirmary himself. The blond had stopped by early in the morning, around two hours before she'd woken up.

Iana nodded along and thanked him for the info. After Will gave her a green light, she left the infirmary after a quick rundown on what she should do if she felt faint again, shooting Will a thumbs up and a tight lipped smile before walking away.