Chapter 4

" That's right, phaw ( dad ) didn't send him, it was his own decision. " Khun No said with sadness lurking behind his words.

" But why? " I asked impatiently.

" Our mae ( mom ) was murdered when we were quite young. Vegas was barely 5 and he was the closest to her. We had kept her murder a secret from him. He knew that she had died of an illness but he found out the truth when he was 10. " Khun No said.

" He didn't react much. We had thought, he understood the fact that phaw was trying his best to catch the killer but was also concerned about our safety which is why he wasn't being able to go into full lengths, but we were wrong. " Khun No continued and looked up to face me.

" A few days later, he told phaw about his decision of leaving the country. "

" I want to stay away for a while. I need some time. I want to forget about mae's murder but living in the country where she was murdered isn't letting me do it. I will be back once I complete my studies,but right now I think this is the best for me. "

" Was what he had said that day, and phaw couldn't protest anymore after hearing that. He knew how much Vegas loved mae and didn't want to make it harder for him. The way he said it that day, there was childishness in his words. " Khun No sighed while reliving the events of that day.

" We thought he had left the country only because he wanted some time for himself, but we failed to realize the coincidence. " He said, his voice dripping in sorrow.

" Mae's murderer was settled in Italy, and Vegas wanted to stay in Italy for a while. Soon we got to know of his true intentions, for, 2 years later we got the news that he had hunted down don and had brought him back to the country and killed him on Ranawat bridge, the same place where don had murdered mae. He went back to Italy right after murdering him, we heard tht he killed him the same way don had murdered mae - in a car accident, intentionally and later threw the car along with the dead body into the river. " Khun No sighed with a mix of emotions, from bitterness to proud there were hints of several emotions in his voice.

" But do you really believe it, Khun No? That a 12 year old can kill someone? " I said still not believing the fact that Khun Vegas had killed him entirely.

Khun No looked up at me again and chuckled sadly.

" He may act really innocent but deep down he is many people's worst nightmare. Do you know? Vegas was once kidnapped when he was 9. " He said.

" Y-yes Khun Vegas had told me, but weren't the kidnappers killed by Khun Korn? " I asked doubtfully.

" No...phaw wasn't the one who had killed them, nor was Chan. " Khun no said.

" Then? Who was it? " I asked, with confusion filling me up, if not Khun Korn or Chan then who was it?

" Vegas. " Khun No said and I was shocked to my core. He had killed someone at the age of 9?! Was what my mind said.

" By the time Phaw reached the place to bring Vegas back, he had already annihilated the enemies. He had a gun in his right and a knife in his left hand and he was soaked in blood from head to toe. Phaw was shocked, even though we belong to a mafia family and phaw used to train us as kids, he had always tried his utmost best to keep us away from any bloodshed during our childhood. And vegas committing such a thing was something he had not expected. " Khun No said. His face looking really serious by now.

" Phaw said Vegas was grinning crazily when he finally found him, as if he was enjoying killing and torturing the kidnappers, as if he had no remorse of killing. At that moment he didn't look like child at all. But soon after, he probably fainted from exhaustion and was brought back. Nobody said a word more about that incident after that day. And vegas started getting trained by Phaw to keep his bloodlust in control. " Khun No said lying back on the sofa and closing his eyes.