Chapter 24

Pete's POV:

The night approached and with a few bodyguards we set out to catch the one trying to pry into our business. As per plan, the bodyguards were sent into different directions a little far away from the place that was supposed to be the meeting spot and Vegas and I were the only ones standing nearby, hidden ofcourse.

After a while of waiting, the man we were waiting for from so long arrived. He had his face covered to avoid recognition and started discussing business as soon as he reached near ken.

3rd person POV:

"Did you bring all the files I had told you to?" The unknown voice asked.

Thanks to the little recording mic that they had placed in ken's clothes, they could hear everything clearly. However, mid-way into the deal, the dealer got alerted and somehow sensed the presence of more people.

"YOU! I had told you to always come here alone!! I'll make sure that you pay for this!" He said and started running immediately to get out of the place. Hearing this, Vegas started running behind to catch him and ordered the bodyguards stationed at different locations to stay alert.

Seeing how everyone's attention had turned towards catching the escapee, Ken thought he had a chance to escape as well and started running with all his might.

Pete's POV:

"OI!" I screamed as I saw Ken running and ran after him to catch him since everyone else had left to chase after the other one. I immediately sent a signal to the bodyguards and tried to run as fast as I could as I took my gun out.

But all of a sudden, catching me off-guard, someone yanked me into a dark alley almost making me blow their brains off in reflex. Thankfully though, I succeeded in restraining myself and didn't pull the trigger. After gaining complete consciousness, I looked straight towards the one who had pulled me in pretty pissed at them for interrupting my job like that.
But the anger immediately turned into a state of fury mixed with a sense of terror upon seeing who it was.

It was my father!

I felt the childhood terror slightly returning but still it was not enough to overtake the rage. The fury coated with a desire to live having taken roots from the pure terror gave me enough strength to be able to rip his neck out right on the spot but I controlled myself and even though I was reluctant gave him time to speak as to why had he dared to show his face after so many years.

"I want some money!" He demanded.

"I don't see how it is my problem." I scoffed and could see the anger developing in his eyes. Seeing that, I shuddered a little since the terrible memories of my childhood started resurfacing but I calmed myself down and refusing to give in to his requests, stood fearlessly infront of him.

"You ungrateful child!!" He shivered in anger as he cursed at me.

"Ungrateful? What even do I have to be grateful about to you? The childhood trauma you gave me?! Every wound you inflicted upon me? Or every emotional and mental scar you gave me?! What do you want me to be grateful for?!!" I screamed, my emotions breaking every dam. The emotions that I had kept hidden within me from all the years came crashing down upon seeing him and hearing the bullshit. Even after all these years, instead of wanting to see his child even for once, he had only come back to ask for money, the fact that he didn't care a bit about me started pricking my heart again, hurting me even more.

"You know what? Just give me some money and I won't bother you ever again!" He said.

"I see you still don't know where to draw the line. I would've already shot you dead by now had you not been my father." I said feeling bitter for having to refer to him as my father.

"I knew this was going to happen! But no problem, I know what I can do to bend your resolution." He said while smirking evilly.

"This belonged to you mother, right? The person you loved the most in the world?" He snickered while waving my mom's necklace infront of my face.

My eyes widened upon seeing that since it had once been my mom's favourite neckpiece and she even had a photo of me and her inside the locket.

"How do you have this?" I asked in a threatening tone.

"Your mom gave this to me before dying to give it to you future partner. Giving me this chain was the only useful thing she did in her entire lifetime" He snickered as he looked at the chain making me feel disgusted just by looking at him. He had never loved or cared about mae while she was alive and was trying to take advantage of a thing that was precious to her, even after her death. I had to give it every bit to restrain myself to not take his life right there.

"Give it to me!" I threatened him but he looked pretty unfazed.

"Look, this is not the only thing the belonged to her that I have. Just give me how much money I want and I'll give you all the things that you want." He said looking proud of himself as if he was proposing a fair deal.

"You haven't changed a bit!" I said while grinding my teeth together.

"I am going to take that as a compliment." He said shamelessly making me even angrier.

"Look both of us don't want to see each other's face so it would be better if you comply with my demands, no need to act tough I already know how much you want your mae's things" he smirked while looking at me knowing how much I was desparate to get anything that belonged to her afterall apart from grandma, she was the only one who had always tried to protect me and loved me selflessly during my childhood. Everytime phaw used to beat me up badly, she used to either stand up for my sake many times even getting beaten up in my stead or console me with extremely sweet words, hugging me tightly while wiping my tears and letting me sob peacefully in her arms till I passed out from exhaustion.

"You think I can't kill you and snatch the things away?" I glared at him.

"C'mon I know that much atleast. Ofcourse you won't be able to do so because if you kill me then your mae's stuff that she so much wanted to give to you would be lost forever. You don't want those memories to rot away somewhere now do you?" He said very well knowing that he had caught a good hold of my weakness and this time there was nothing I could do except foolishly playing into whatever the devil he was planning. I had no other choice...

"I'll give you a little time, I want 700,000 baht in by tomorrow evening. The one you came here with, is that the fish you caught? He looks quite rich ask him for the money if you are unable to arrange it. But if you still can't arrange it by tomorrow, be ready to bid your final goodbye to those memories of your lovely mae~." He smiled at me making me feel even more disgusted.

"Also, here's the address, meet me here. Come alone though, I have no interest in meeting that boyfriend of yours". He said handing me a piece of paper with a location written on it. I looked at the paper again, crumpled it out of sheer anger but then kept it in my pocket not letting the anger overpower my sense of reasoning.