Chapter 6

I have been a sucker for horror movies for as long as I can remember.

Khun Vegas was sitting beside me confidently. Not long after, the movie finally started and instantly he grabbed my hand.

" I am just grabbing your hand so that you won't get scared. " He said looking straight ahead.

I payed no attention to it or maybe I just didn't want to remove my hand from under his. It was a pleasant feeling afterall.
I was completely invested in the movie but a while later, I felt his hold tightening on my hand. I glanced beside me to see if he was alright and to my surprise he was slightly shivering.

Is he cold?
I thought to myself. But I got the answer to that even before I could ask him anything.
Because the very next moment, along with the first appearance of the ghost he let out a scream and immediately clung to me attracting everyone's attention.

" Khun Vegas are you alright? " I asked worriedly.

" Yeh-yeah " He cleared his throat before sitting back properly on his seat.

But right then a jumpscare popped up.

" Son of a b*tch " he low sqeaked, slightly jumping up on his seat.
He kept his hand on his heart to calm it down while trying to catch his breath. But kept occasionally cursing at the ghost.
By now I had forgotten to watch the movie since his emotions were much more entertaining.

I was trying pretty hard not to chuckle seeing him try so hard to keep up his composure.

But maybe heavens weren't on his side that day, for, soon the ghost completely revealed itself running behind everyone with crazy postures and possessing one after the other. Khun Vegas finally let go of his sanity and screamed.

" Peteee! " and before I could register what just happened, he swiftly picked me up from my seat and placing me on his lap, hid his face behind my back.

Just how light do I feel to him?
I thought, dumbfounded by how easily he had picked me up.

As soon as the scene subsided, the ticket taker came up to us and requested us to move out.

" Excuse me sir, can you both please move out? The other's in the room are getting disturbed. " The ticket taker said.

" Yes? I couldn't quite catch what you just said. Would you mind repeating it? " Khun Vegas said, smiling but while pointing a gun at the poor man.

One could see the life fading from his eyes. He had frozen up on his spot seeing the gun, unable to speak a word more. Slight unrest had started in the theatre.

" K-khun Vegas...let's go out, please don't take out the gun so carelessly. I saw the rating and the movie isn't so good either, we can just watch it in the theatre back home if you want to. " I said hoping he would listen to me and put the gun away and thankfully he did.

" Fine if you say so. " He said sounding a little grumpy. Letting me get off his lap, he kept the gun away and holding my hand gently dragged me out of the theatre.

" Should we go back now? " I asked waiting for his orders.

" No. " He said looking towards me.

" Let's go to a mall. I haven't explored any place in many years. And it would be a waste to end our date like this anyway. " He said and before I could react, made me sit in the passenger seat and drove off towards the nearest mall.

After getting off, he dragged me along as we entered a branded clothing store.

" Show us the best ones you've got. "
He said sitting on the sofa and pushing me lightly towards the lady in charge.

" Ofcourse sir. " She smiled as she grabbed my hand to take me in towards the trial room.

" Wait, lady...I think you misunderstood. It's for Khun Vegas not me. " I said to clear the misunderstanding. We both looked towards him to make it clear but he supported the lady instead.

" Not me. You are holding the right person. " He said sitting back on the sofa holding a magazine.

And with that I was taken in despite my constant protests.

I tried on a lot of high-end clothes and Khun Vegas gave feedback after each one of them.
After a while, finally the whole show ended.

" Can we leave now? " I asked nearly tired due to the continuous trials.

" Yes. Pack everything that he had put on. " He said casually. I stopped on my tracks and immediately turned back.

" I-I can't afford all the things. Besides I already have too many clothes. " I said.

" Who's asking you to pay? " He said as if stating the obvious.

" Take it. Think of it as a gift for agreeing to come with me. " He said smiling as he handed his card.

" I-I really don't need these things. " I said again hoping for him to stop the transaction.

" Just keep it. Don't wear them if you don't want to. " He said not caring about anything.

" Now let's go...I am starting to get hungry. " He said pulling me out of the shop and towards a restaurant.

We had our lunch and it somewhat was awkward since we didn't know it in advance but we had accidentally entered an all couple's resturant. So the decorations music and everything made us feel like we were out on a date. But maybe I was the only one concerned about it since everytime someone misunderstood us a couple and complimented how good we looked together, he would thank them while grinning ear-to-ear.

It was nearly evening by the time we reached home and I just wanted to jump on my bed and drift off to sleep, that's how tired I was. But ofcourse I had no choice except staying with him since I was his bodyguard.

" I am just planning on lazing around my room anyway, so you can go now. " He said dismissing me maybe noticing how sleepy I looked.

I obeyed the order willingly and without wasting a second more, ran back to my room and after locking my door straight up attacked my bed and in a matter of seconds I could feel darkness engulfing me as I slowly drifted off to sleep.
____________________________

The next day went fairly normal, I had to run some errands that Khun Kinn had assigned me to, so I couldn't stay much with Khun Vegas and just as I was sitting in my room thinking I could call it a day finally and getting ready to sleep, a sudden knock interrupted my plan.

I glanced at the clock and it was already 11 pm. " Who could it be? " I thought to myself.

" Why won't anyone let me enjoy my precious sleep? " I stood up groggily and went to open the door.

" What happe- Khun Vegas?! " Standing infront of me was the person I had least expected to be present infront of my door at such a late hour.

" I can't sleep...um...I am going out for a short ride...wanna join? " He asked and I agreed to even tough I was a little reluctant in the beginning.

I loved night rides due to the lights and how cold the breeze felt at night, so I matter how sleepy I was, I would have never let go of such an opportunity.

" Let's go. " He winked at me before running off to take the car out leaving me behind to follow him.

And thus began our little night trip, away from everyone, away from the bustling city, in a silent beautiful place with just him and me sitting together with our fingers intertwined and our eyes staring towards the night sky at the twinkling stars.