13

Jeonghan pauses for a moment, "So, I heard you're a fan of dad jokes. That's pretty cool. I'm not much of a dad myself, but I do have a pretty good sense of humor."

This boy.

Mingyu, who's been sitting quietly on the couch, suddenly starts laughing.

Jeonghan turns to him, "What's so funny, Mingyu?"

Mingyu tries to catch his breath. "Oh man, that was hilarious," he says.

Vernon looks at Mingyu, then at you, and starts fake laughing.

Joshua, who's been sitting in the corner reading a book, looks up, "Was that really funny?"

Jeonghan shoots a glare at Joshua,"Hey man, I'm just trying to lighten the mood. Life's too short to be serious all the time."

Vernon nods in agreement. "Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you know?"

After a few minutes of chatting, Jeonghan's phone rings. He excuses himself and answers it.

You all continue talking about your favorite movies while Jeonghan is on the phone.

When Jeonghan finishes the call, he turns to you and says, "Hey guys, I'm really sorry but I have to go home. Something came up and I have to take care of it."

You feel a little disappointed that Jeonghan has to leave so soon, but you understand that sometimes things come up unexpectedly.

"No worries, Jeonghan. We'll hang out again soon," you say.

Jeonghan nods. "Definitely. I had a great time meeting you, Vernon. And literally all of you" he says, turning to you.

You and Vernon walk Jeonghan to the door, and he gives you both a hug before leaving.

As Jeonghan leaves your home, you turn to Joshua and Mingyu. "So, where are you two going to sleep?" you ask.

Mingyu grins. "I'm going to sleep with Vernon!" he says, hugging your brother tightly.

Vernon grins back. "Sounds good to me," he says.

Joshua starts to sulk. "What about me?" he asks.

"Um Joshua you can sleep in the guest room if you don't have any problem with that." You suggest.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine with it." Joshua smiles at your suggestion.

Just as you thought the conversation was going smoothly, Mingyu chimes in with a comment about ghosts in the guest room.

Without missing a beat, Vernon smacks Mingyu on the arm and playfully tells him to shut up.

"Don't listen to him, Joshua. Mingyu's just trying to scare you." Vernon tells Joshua.

"Yeah, there's no need to worry. The guest room is perfectly fine."

He murmured a quiet "thank you" as he relaxed into the couch.

"You're welcome, Joshua. If you need anything, just let me know." You tell to joshua before going to your room.

He whispered a soft "okay" and you knew that he was feeling more at ease.

As you watch Mingyu head to Vernon's room and Joshua to the guest room, you decide to head to your own room to change your clothes and get ready for bed.

After you've changed, you climb into bed and start to drift off to sleep.

Suddenly, there's a knock at your door.

You get up from your bed and open the door, only to see Joshua standing there with a pillow in his hand.

"I can't sleep," Joshua says, looking a bit sheepish.

You smile sympathetically and tell him to come in.

You sit down on your bed and pat the spot next to you, motioning for him to sit down.

"Is everything okay?" you ask, concerned.

Joshua nods, but you can tell that he's still a bit anxious.

"I just can't seem to fall asleep," he says, looking down at his hands.

You put a comforting arm around his shoulder and tell him that it's okay.

After a while, He starts to yawn.

You realize that he's finally getting tired and suggest that he tries to get some sleep.

"Actually, do you want to sleep in my bed?" you offer, noticing how tired he looks.

Joshua hesitates for a moment before shaking his head. "I don't want to be a bother. I can sleep on the couch beside your bed," he says.

You think for a moment, but then you realize that he's right.

At least he's in the same room as you, and that's better than nothing.

"Okay, that's fine," you say, nodding your head.

Joshua smiles gratefully, and you can tell that he's feeling much better than he was before.

"Thanks for letting me stay here," he says, as he gets up to go to the couch.

"Of course, anytime," you say, with a smile.

As you watch Joshua sleep on the couch, you notice that he's not covered with a comforter and it's quite chilly in the room.

You feel bad for him and decide to grab another comforter from your cupboard.

You quietly walk over to Joshua and drape the comforter over him.

You can see him stir a little, but he doesn't wake up.

You sit down next to him for a moment, admiring his features.

You smile to yourself and whisper, "Now that I'm seeing you up close, you look even more handsome."

You sit there for a moment, just watching him sleep, before you realize that you should probably get back to bed.

"I hope he didn't heard this." You say to yourself as you quietly make your way back to your bed and settle in.

As you drift off to sleep, you can see Joshua sleeping more comfortably, and you feel happy that you were able to make him more comfortable.

heheheh
:))))