15

As soon as your class ended, you couldn't shake off the worry that had settled in your heart for Joshua.

You already had asked for the password of their home from mingyu, so without wasting a single moment, you rushed to his house, eager to see him and make sure he was okay.

Upon stepping inside, you were met with an astonishing sight.

The interior of their house was simply breathtaking; it felt warm and inviting.

The thought crossed your mind that he must have decorated the place with love and care because you remember mingyu telling about this.

Taking a deep breath, you made your way upstairs, careful not to make a sound.

You knew any loud noises could disturb Joshua's much-needed rest.

Nervously, you knocked on his bedroom door, waiting for a response.

When none came, you gently turned the doorknob, cautiously pushing the door open.

What met your eyes instantly melted your heart.

There was Joshua, lying peacefully in bed, wrapped in a cozy blanket.

He looked so innocent and vulnerable, his flushed cheeks and tired eyes betraying his current state of weakness.

It broke your heart to see him looking so vulnerable, his face reflecting the signs of his illness.

With a gentle warmth washing over you, you tiptoed closer to Joshua's bedside.

His peaceful slumber did not falter, and a small smile graced your lips.

You couldn't help but admire his adorable appearance, wrapped in a cozy blanket.

It felt like a bittersweet moment, knowing he needed someone by his side during this difficult time.

After a few moments, Joshua's eyes fluttered open.

He blinked several times to adjust to the light before realizing you were sitting next to him.

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, despite his weary state.

"Hey," he croaked, his voice hoarse from illness. "You came."

You nodded, unable to hide the concern in your eyes.

"Of course, Joshua. I couldn't bear the thought of you being alone while you're sick. I wanted to be here for you"

His tired eyes softened. "You really didn't have to, y/n. But I'm glad you did."

You gave a small shrug. "Friends take care of each other, right?"

Sitting up with effort, Joshua let out a weak chuckle. "That we do."

You smiled, reaching for a glass of water on the nightstand. "Here, drink this. It'll help soothe your throat."

Joshua accepted the water, taking small sips.

A concern crept into your voice as you spoke, "You must be hungry now. I don't think you had anything to eat since you were sleeping. Let me make something for you."

Before you could even think of getting up from your seat, Joshua's hand gently held yours, stopping you from getting up.

His touch made you feel warm inside, and your heartbeat started beating faster.

He then softly spoke. "You're here, and that's all that matters. You don't need to do something for me. You've already done enough."

You were taken aback by his words, the intensity in his eyes reflecting an inner strength you hadn't noticed before.