9 - Departure

In the bustling Constatia Harbor, the docks were teeming with soldiers, their attention focused on three women who stood at the forefront. Two of the women possessed black hair, one tall with flowing locks cascading down her back, and the other shorter, sporting hair that fell just above her shoulders. The third woman, a striking figure with pink eyes and long, light pink hair tied at the tips with a large golden ring, exuded an air of authority. Her attire consisted of a low-cut breastplate adorned with a spider pattern, a metal thong, shoulder plates, forearm protection, and boots that reached well above her knees. Completing her ensemble was a translucent tunic that added an ethereal touch to her formidable appearance.

Confidence radiated from the pink-haired woman as she issued her orders with unwavering authority. Her voice carried across the dock, demanding attention from her subordinates. "Listen up!" she commanded, her tone firm and resolute. "Sinbad will show up for sure. If we allow him to escape from this country, it will be a disgrace to the military! Arrest him on sight!"

The soldiers, displaying their loyalty, responded in unison, "Yes, milady!"

However, one of the accompanying women, the shorter of the two, interjected with concern. "Princess, a noble like you doesn't need to be on the front line."

The second woman chimed in, her voice filled with disdain. "That insolent Sinbad will be apprehended in no time."

But the pink-haired princess dismissed their reservations. "It's necessary," she replied. "At present, we lack the numbers to mobilize many soldiers. My bodyguards and I are the only ones who can pursue the conqueror of the dungeon."

As tensions simmered, the crowd gathered at the harbor began to stir, their frustration mounting. Their voices rose in protest, directed at the soldiers who dared to infringe upon their beloved harbor. "Damn soldiers! Get out of this harbor!" they shouted indignantly. "We won't do as you say anymore!" Their grievances echoed through the air. "Sinbad sold his treasures and bought us ships! He reopened this suspended harbor! Sinbad is our hero!" The people's sentiment became evident. "This is our harbor!"

The soldiers attempted to quell the growing unrest. "Enough! Watch your mouths!" they shouted back, their voices laden with authority. "Do you want to be punished?"

"How barbaric..." commented the shorter woman, her mouth concealed behind her sleeve, clearly disgusted by the scene unfolding before her.

The other woman, her voice dripping with disdain, added, "That is why harbors are despicable. Princess, don't let the words of the lower classes affect you."

"What else can you do other than wring money out of us?" a defiant voice from the crowd retorted. "Yeah! Who's gonna follow a useless emperor who can handle nothing but war?" The dissent grew louder. "Get out! You dogs of the foolish emperor!"

At the mention of her father, the pink-hairedwoman stiffened, her expression turning icy. With measured steps, she moved without a word toward the unruly crowd. As she drew nearer, she delivered a powerful kick to the face of the last man who spoke, causing him to collapse. She grabbed his clothes, propping him up slightly, her voice dripping with cold menace. "Calling my father a foolish emperor?" she hissed, her eyes locking onto his in a gaze that seemed to pierce the very soul. "Unforgivable. Do you prefer to be burned after having your tongue cut off? Or have your limbs pulled off by horses?" Her words hung in the air, laden with the promise of unspeakable horrors.

The man, trembling beneath her grasp, his head dripping with blood, managed to utter a plea for mercy. "Have... mercy... I won't say it again..."

She drew back her arm, poised to strike once more, devoid of any hint of mercy. However, before her fist could make contact, a young boy seized her arm, his voice calm yet resolute. "Let him go, miss," he urged.