10 - Encounter on the Ocean

The boat lazily drifted upon the calm, sun-kissed sea. Its occupants, Sinbad and Reana, were curled up in a pitiful state. Their stomachs growled in unison, reminding them of their starvation, while the scorching sun mercilessly beat down upon their parched bodies.

Sinbad, feeling the effects of hunger and dehydration, mustered a feeble murmur. "Because of all the chaos back at the harbor, we didn't have a chance to prepare any food or water... I can't bear it any longer... Water... I need water... Somebody..."

Turning his gaze toward Reana, he fixed her with a pleading look. "Reana, can't you conjure water with your magic? You know, a little trick to quench our thirst?"

Reana, her eyes barely open, summoned the last of her energy to respond, her voice weak and raspy. "No, Sinbad... I can only manipulate fire..."

Sinbad slumped back in defeat, his stomach rumbling louder than ever. With a dramatic sigh, he raised his hands towards the sky.

The boat continued to drift upon the calm sea, but an unexpected turn of events brought a spark of hope to Sinbad and Reana's dire situation. Sinbad raised his hands to the sky in a desperate plea for water, only to find a single droplet land upon his outstretched palm. Confusion clouded his features as he stared at the miraculous droplet.

Reana, her curiosity piqued, leaned in closer to examine the tiny droplet glistening on Sinbad's hand. "Water? But how..." Her voice trailed off as a gentle patter of drops began to fall around them, landing on their faces and the boat.

"Reana, it's rain! We're saved!" Sinbad beamed at her, his eyes widening with astonishment.

As if in response to Sinbad's exclamation, the rain intensified, transforming into a torrential downpour. 
As they marveled at the sudden downpour, confusion and disbelief etched upon their faces, they soon realized that something extraordinary was unfolding before their very eyes. The raindrops cascaded around them, drenching their parched bodies with each refreshing droplet. The sky remained clear, devoid of any clouds that could explain this inexplicable phenomenon.

"There isn't even a cloud in sight!" Sinbad exclaimed, his voice tinged with wonder and disbelief.

Reana, her eyes wide with disbelief, scanned the surroundings, her gaze darting from the sea to the sky and back again.

As they pondered this mysterious occurrence, a bewildering spectacle unfolded before them. Fish and even entire trees plummeted from the sky, landing with a splash and a thud around them. The unexpected deluge of flora and fauna left them both startled and perplexed, their senses struggling to comprehend the bizarre turn of events.

"W-what is happening?" Reana exclaimed, her voice trembling with a mix of awe and trepidation. She instinctively moved closer to Sinbad, seeking comfort and protection in his presence.

Before they could make sense of the surreal rain and falling objects, a sudden blast of water surged forth, soaring above them with a thunderous roar. It propelled a screaming man through the air directly into their tiny boat. With wide eyes and startled expressions, Sinbad and Reana found themselves face-to-face with an unexpected intruder.

----

The sea around them was gradually regaining its calm. The man who had unexpectedly landed in their boat was a towering figure, his muscular physique accentuated by his bare chest. Sinbad couldn't help but feel small in comparison, his gaze drawn to the man's long blue hair cascading down his back in a high ponytail. With bags attached to his waist, he had an air of adventure about him.

On his knees, facing the two of them, the man scratched the back of his head nervously. "I'm terribly sorry... I never expected to bump into someone in the middle of the sea... Sorry..." His voice was deep and resonant, contrasting with his apologetic demeanor.