11 - The Rampaging Unicorn

The group stood ready on the small crescent-shaped island they had chosen for their final battle with the giant sea creature. Sinbad had offered his help, and after careful consideration, they had decided that this island would be their battleground.

As Sinbad stood on the lookout, scanning the horizon, a sudden big splash erupted not far from the island. He immediately yelled out, "Water's spraying in the direction of the sun!" His voice carried across the island, informing the blue-haired siblings, who were kneeling near the trees with their bows drawn, of the arrival of their target.

In the center of the crescent, the beast emerged from the water, its massive form commanding attention. Sinbad, taking charge, gave the signal for the siblings to fire their bows. The arrows, designed like harpoons, soared through the air and found their mark. The ropes tied to the arrows tangled around the horn, securing their hold on the creature.

It raised its head above the water, searching for its assailants. Sensing an opportunity, Sinbad called out, "Jump in! Both of you!" Without hesitation, the siblings plunged underwater, their harpoons at the ready.

As the man swam closer to strike one of the creature's front legs, the rampaging unicorn exerted its immense strength and broke free from the trees to which the ropes were attached. The trees crashed into the sea. The creature's tail, powerfully sweeping under the water, hindered the man's attack, making it difficult for him to land a blow.

Sinbad observed the intense struggle and realized that they needed a new plan. With a smile, he gestured to Reana, who was standing behind him. Reana understood his silent communication and waved her wand. Several small flames materialized around the giant fish, creating a mesmerizing display. The creature momentarily paused its movements, its eyes shifting from one flame to another, disoriented.

Seizing the opportunity, the nameless man resurfaced and leaped towards the creature's head. Summoning all his strength, he landed a powerful blow to the rampaging unicorn's neck, which crashed in the water and stopped moving.

However, Sinbad noted the blow was not fatal. He also noticed a sudden change in the weather. Dark clouds loomed overhead, signaling the imminent arrival of a storm. It would render any further attempts to trap the creature futile.

"I... I did it!" exclaimed the man, standing triumphantly atop the creature, his fist raised in victory. "My first harpoon stab! With this, I'm..."

But his sister interrupted him with concern in her voice, "Bro!! Not yet!! A storm is here! You don't stand a chance in a raging sea like this! Come back! Bro, if you don't, you'll die!!"

Gritting his teeth, the man's determination faltered for a moment, conflicted between his burning desire to defeat the creature and the realization of the impending danger. "Sinbad created this chance with all that effort... This is my only chance to put down this thing with my harpoon!!" he yelled, his voice filled with a mix of defiance and frustration. "I won't be treated as a child. I've had enough!!" Determined, he tried to plunge his spear deeper into the wound.

But the creature, summoning its remaining strength, sent him flying through the air. He hurtled toward the small island, his body descending toward the ground. In a split second, his sister rushed forward, cushioning his fall. "Bro, you're so reckless!" she scolded, relief washing over her that he had escaped serious harm.

Sinbad and Reana watched the scene unfold, understanding that, at this rate, they would have to abandon their battle against the rampaging unicorn until the storm subsided. Their eyes met, and they exchanged a knowing grin, unspoken words passing between them.

Sinbad drew his sword, the glint of determination in his eyes matching the crackling energy that began to envelop him. Reana watched him with a smile, fully aware of his intentions. There was no stopping him now. The siblings, sensing the change, turned their attention toward him, curiosity etched on their faces.