23 - Theatre & Household

The night was alive with whispers and excited chatter as the bleachers filled with a curious audience. They looked at the empty stage, adorned only with flickering torchlight, with a mix of anticipation and skepticism.

"I heard he's the dungeon conqueror. Do you think he's the real deal?" questioned a woman to her companion.

"Could be a sham. The program seems hastily put together. Some kid from who-knows-where..." the man replied dismissively.

Suddenly, an otherworldly occurrence captivated their attention. Snow began to fall on the theater, an enchanting sight under the flickering torchlight. Then, as if scripted by magic, the torches extinguished, plunging the audience into darkness.

"Who's just some kid!?" A commanding voice echoed from the top of the bleachers. All eyes turned to the source. There stood Sinbad, his ponytail flowing behind him, a silhouette against the night.

"T-There's a person up there...!?" gasped a man, the crowd collectively awestruck.

Sinbad unsheathed his sword, summoning its power. A brilliant burst of lightning lit up the theater, revealing the falling snow. With grace, Sinbad descended from the bleachers, landing flawlessly on the stage.

"So pretty..." breathed a girl in the audience.

"The lightning reflected by the snow looks like twinkling stars..." remarked a boy beside her.

"So this is... Sinbad, the dungeon conqueror!?" someone shouted.

As the torches on the stage reignited, the crowd erupted in cheers. Sinbad grinned broadly at Reana, standing beside the stage, and together, they launched into their performance, the well-practiced routine captivating the audience.

Their show was an overwhelming success. As Harun predicted, their performances in the theatre earned them a reputation that spread like wildfire throughout the Reim Empire. Night after night, they played to a full house, the overflow of spectators unable to squeeze into the already crowded venue. In a city bustling with activity, they had carved a name for themselves.

In the wake of their newfound popularity, Harun suggested that Sinbad write his autobiography. Sinbad embraced the idea, surprising Reana with how much he enjoyed the act of writing. Even with his aversion to classroom lectures on the boat, he found joy in penning down his adventures. Reana, at his request, played the role of an editor, helping him refine his work.

Harun, the King of Balbadd, took a keen interest in their efforts. He oversaw the process, providing insights and encouragement. The trio formed an unusual yet effective team, each contributing to the creation of Sinbad's autobiography.

----

The afternoon sun bathed the room in a warm glow as Sinbad and Reana continued working on transcribing Sinbad's adventures. The quiet tapping of quill on parchment filled the room, accompanied by occasional bursts of laughter and excited conversation as they reminisced about the extraordinary moments that shaped Sinbad's journey.

In the midst of their work, Reana's attention was drawn to the window. Squinting against the sunlight, she saw the familiar figures of their friends approaching the building.

"Sin, they're back!" she exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement.

"Really?" Sinbad's face lit up, and he immediately abandoned his work, rushing to a nearby chest. He started pulling out rings, necklaces, and an assortment of glittering accessories. "Come on, let's show off a bit!" he suggested, grinning mischievously.