eleven.

"I want to make gingerbread."

I announced my presence in Harry's office easily, his head raising from where he was busy stuffing things into his briefcase and he raised an eyebrow.

"Okay," Harry nodded and I smiled. "When?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Christmas Eve I guess?"

Harry nodded again as he pulled his jacket on before making his way over to me and I was pulled into him and he kissed me and I smiled.

"We'll do a food shop tomorrow for Surrey and we can make sure we have everything you'll need," Harry said and I grinned at him as we headed out of his office and then the main office.

Almost everyone was already gone, a lot of them rushing to get home to get ready for tonight and despite the fact it didn't start for two and a half hours I was already nervous.

"Thanks," I smiled at Harry as we stood in the lift and I played with his fingers. "Is there food at this thing tonight?"

"Of course," Harry said and I laughed to myself, yeah that was a bit of a dumb question from me. "I'll show you the menu when we get home if you want."

"It's alright," I shrugged as we made our way towards the car. "There's stuff I'll like, right?"

"Course," Harry nodded as he opened my car door for me and I smiled at him. "You're not a fussy eater so I really don't get why you always say that."

"I am, sort of," I laughed, a smile on his face as Harry pulled himself into the car. "Or not so much fussy as, I know what I like and I don't branch out very often."

"Yeah, I'd say that about you," Harry agreed. "But I would never pick a menu that you wouldn't like."

I lent over and pressed my lips to Harry's cheek just as he pulled out of the car park and I sighed as the site of the long line of red lights facing us as we joined a traffic queue.

"Is Michelle coming?" I asked a little while later, I'd bored myself with my phone and also made myself feel kind of sick looking at it whilst driving.

"I believe so," Harry hummed and I pursed my lips. "There'll be so many people there, she won't get a chance to come near us."

"Oh, I have a feeling she'd find a way," I muttered making Harry squeeze my hand just as we made it into the Hampstead borough. "She's like a cockroach."

"I really need to get rid of her," Harry sighed just as we turned into our driveway and I laughed, but I wasn't exactly disagreeing.

"Do we need to get wrapping paper?" I asked as I climbed out the car and made my way around to the boot and grabbed all my packages that arrived today.

I was so happy everything had arrived in time, especially considering I had one that was for tonight specifically.

"No, I have loads," Harry said and I watched him eye the shopping bag I'd stuffed my online orders into. "You never said what any of that is."

"Presents," I shrugged, watching as Harry nodded in understanding. "Did I mention I want to wrap all my stuff tomorrow night?"

"You did," Harry said as I followed him upstairs and I felt my nerves come back tenfold as I realised I was going to be getting ready to go to this fucking gala in like ten minutes.

"Good," I nodded. "Can we stop by my parents place so I can drop all their stuff off before we leave on Friday morning?"

"Of course we can," Harry smiled and I smiled at him as I threw my bag on the bed and I thought about the best place to put these.