twenty.

Niall stuck a tube shaped firework into the ground and I frowned as I watched him through the kitchen window, the lawn was going to be a state with the way he was shoving the spade into the grass and then shoving his fireworks down.

I shook my head as I raised my glass to my lips and I savoured the strong fruity taste of the drink I'd made myself.

I heard the doorbell ring and I gave up watching Niall brutalise my garden in favour of knocking back the rest of my drink and I poured another hearty measure of vodka into my glass before topping it up with cranberry juice.

"Ivy!"

I followed the sound of Harry's voice and I smiled as I made my way into the living room to find Gemma, Michal and two other people I didn't know and I couldn't help but laugh as Gemma threw herself at me and I hugged her tightly.

"Hi Gemma," I greeted her as she pressed her lips to my face over and over again and I realised that she, just like Niall, had probably been drinking prior to getting here. "Hi Michal."

"Good to see you again Ivy," Michal smiled as he pulled his very happy wife away from me and I fell into Harry's side as he guided my attention to the other two and I smiled politely at them.

"Ivy, this is Jack and his long suffering wife Siobhan," Harry introduced us. "I play golf with Jack, and I actually introduced the two of them, I met Siobhan at uni."

"It's nice to meet you," I said politely, sometimes I forgot Harry had a whole life before me. "I'm so sorry your husband plays golf."

"It's fine by me, I get all the alone time I want," Siobhan waved her hand making the both of us laugh and I relaxed.

I didn't know why I always thought Harry's friends would be weird and rich and that I needed to be on my best behaviour, these two were just normal people.

"Ivy you look amazing," Gemma grabbed me as Harry started talking about golf and Michal got sucked into the conversation and I rolled my eyes as I flicked my head for Siobhan to join us instead. "Is this new?"

"Thanks," I smiled, shifting on my heels. "It is, uh we went grocery shopping yesterday and somehow of course that meant we had to go shopping for new clothes."

"Sounds about right," Gemma snorted. "Harry's such a fucking butthead."

I laughed at Gemma's insult, even when she was trying to be mean about her brother, she wasn't. I was pretty sure I'd said meaner things about her brother before.

But she was right, it did sound about right.

Harry was true to his word from yesterday morning and decided he had to get me a new outfit for tonight's party, hence why I was now dressed head to toe in Versace.

All of it was new, except for the Medusa platforms Harry had gotten me earlier in the year, and this was the first time I was wearing them.

I figured a good way to break them in would be to wear them around the house, plus it wasn't exactly like I had anywhere else to wear them.

The pink shiny metallic dress clung to my body and I was almost convinced Harry had ignored me when I tried it on yesterday afternoon and bought a smaller size, he did have a habit of doing that.

Although that was usually reserved for underwear or swimwear, men and their disgusting male gazes.

But I had double checked the label when I was getting dressed, which in itself was hard because I'd not even been able to get changed out of my plain old underwear before Harry was on me.