twenty three.

... hiiii

The sound of Harry sneezing made me look up from the email I was replying to and my eyes found him across the office in front of Chelsea's desk.

I watched as Harry leaned away, sneezed again, and then I saw Chelsea lean further back into her seat and I smiled to myself as her scrunched nose and turned down lips became apparent and I just knew she was giving him shit about his germs.

I heard the distinct snotty sniffle Harry had before he disappeared into the kitchen and I laughed to myself as Chelsea met my eyes and made a point of gagging before I went back to my work.

I'd actually done an insane amount of work today.

Not that I was usually slack, but I was definitely the kind of person who tended to not do work and procrastinate by doing literally anything else and then rush and do all my work under pressure.

I just seemed to work better than like, plus the stress was kind of fun.

But since we came back to work yesterday, after our short little get away, I seemed to be inundated with work that I actually had to do as and when it appeared, rather than at four pm.

I hit send on the email just as my eyes drifted to the clock to see it ticking over to quarter to five and I hummed as I realised apart from my lunch break, which I'd spent sat with Chelsea in the kitchen picking at a bag of crisps, I'd answered almost fifty three emails.

I tentatively booked in a meeting for Niall for tomorrow afternoon, it was pretty last minute but he hadn't replied to my email this morning, which set me on the back foot because the guy who the meeting was with emailed me back complaining about the lack of communication and I had to lie and hope for the best.

I didn't even know what a feasibility meeting was!

I rolled my eyes as the phone alongside me rang immediately and I saw Niall's name on the screen and I debated whether or not picking up.

I knew if I didn't, he'd just come out here and I didn't feel like dealing with him in person.

"What?"

"Don't what me," Niall snapped down the line immediately. "Why'd you dump a meeting on me at three o'clock for tomorrow afternoon with Jason?"

"Because you didn't reply to me!" I snapped back. "He's so pushy and I had to work around what I could see in your calendar."

"I just replied to you," Niall huffed and I glared at my computer screen as his email did in fact pop up.

"I emailed you at ten thirty six this morning," I drawled, my eyes flicking to Michelle as she shut down her computer. "You had a gap, that Jason guy kept on about how vital the meeting was and how it should be sooner rather than later and you weren't helping."

"Okay, yeah that's on me," Niall admitted and I laughed before I waved at Susan and Katie as they headed out. "Tell him that unfortunately I have a private appointment at that time and move it."

"I'm not your assistant, email him yourself."

"Do you wanna be?" Niall asked and I knew that was coming. He asked at least twice a week. "I'll pay more than Harry."

"I'd rather die frankly," I said honestly, a laugh in my voice as I heard Niall scoff and I knew an insult was coming my way.

"You're a real di—-"

I looked up as the dial tone met my ears and I never got to hear what insult Niall had conjured up for me as Harry hung over my desk and I smiled at his finger on the hangy up button thingy.