twenty five.

H🫀5:58pm: When is Gemma coming over?

I sucked my teeth as I looked down at my phone, it was already open on Harry's messages considering I'd been bothering him about something I couldn't find in the kitchen.

Which, of course, prompted several thousand questions from him and a phone call because I wasn't answering his text messages fast enough, which, again, of course, made him concerned.

He was such a moron sometimes.

Tonight :-)

H🫀6:02pm: Really? What time? Is everyone coming over or just her? Miss you x

I rolled my eyes as Harry asked his usual twelve thousand questions and I felt like pointing it out considering he pointed out my lack of question asking behaviour.

I let her choose and she said 6:30 and no its just her, I did ask but she said no

I miss you too x

I stared at the online recipe I'd decided to make once my messages had been sent and read immediately, I hadn't told anyone, especially not Harry although he probably had an idea considering I had been asking about things in the kitchen, but last night after work, I'd gone to a beginners cooking class.

I figured its actually kind of really embarrassing to be twenty three and not be able to cook past toast.

And that wasn't even cooking! A machine did it for me!

The recipe I'd picked, a vegetarian one because you know, Gemma, wasn't even that fancy but I was praying it would taste good.

It was basically just potato and cheese because it was gnocchi with parmesan and black pepper.

I had bought a bunch of salad things so I was going to make either a side salad or I was going to put it in the bowl with the gnocchi, I hadn't really decided.

Maybe a side salad in a separate bowl would be better.

But then it would be a weird way to eat it, it would be like stab some gnocchi then stab some lettuce in a different bowl and for some reason that made me feel some way.

Maybe I shouldn't have picked gnocchi?

I chewed my lip as I scrolled through the BBC good food's website and I spotted a spicy cauliflower and halloumi rice recipe and I clicked on it. I flicked my eyes over the ingredients and I nodded as I read them.

Cauliflower, yep had that, spinach and red onion, yep, halloumi, of course I did it, was one of my favourite cheeses and despite how much Harry disliked it I always made him buy it on the grocery shopping.

Oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, a red chilli and ginger, I had all of those things because honestly Harry had the best stocked spices shelf I had ever seen, but that wasn't hard considering my Mother's best dish was bangers and mash.

That hardly screamed flavourful.

The only issue was that the ginger we had wasn't grated and instead it was a jar of crushed ginger but surely that didn't really matter?

The recipe also used brown rice and although I knew we had some, Harry loved brown rice because it's "healthy", I did not.

I chewed my lip as I unlocked my phone and I left mine and Harry's messages and instead clicked on the hardly used message thread with his sister.

Do you like brown rice?

Gemma's reply buzzed in almost immediately and I glanced at the time to see it almost six fifteen and I felt my palms get sweaty, man I was lame.