eighteen.

h.

"We're here!"

I rolled my lips together as Ivy sighed as she reluctantly called out our arrival before she kicked her shoes off, and kicked them roughly to the side.

I just shook my head as I toed my own boots off before carefully moving all four of the shoes to the side.

"Hi!"

I smiled as Nadia popped up in front of us and grabbed Ivy and hugged her tightly and I laughed as I watched Ivy tried to fight her younger sister off with a shake of her head before she ducked into the lounge.

"Hi kid," I greeted Nadia easily, her bright smile not dimming despite her eyes rolling at me and I pulled her into my side as we walked and I squeezed her shoulder as I saw it was just us and Alexei. "How are you?"

"Better now you guys are here," Nadia said and I laughed quietly at her honestly. "Thank you for you my present."

I swallowed as Ivy looked up at me in confusion just as I sat down on the sofa next to her and I pressed my lips together tightly.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I'd gotten Alexei and Nadia gifts without her knowing.

"You're most welcome," I smiled at Nadia just as she sat back on the floor alongside her brother who was playing on his present. "Where are you parents?"

"Dunno," Ivy shrugged as she flopped back onto the sofa and curled her legs up underneath her, her eyes glued on the game Alexei was playing on the TV and I recognised it as Grand Theft Auto.

"In the kitchen," Alexei finally piped up and I nodded as he turned around to greet us. "How's it going?"

"Enjoying it?" I asked in response, a nod being thrown towards his PS5.

"Of course, thanks man."

"You got him a playstation?" Ivy asked and I nodded, it wasn't like there was any point lying to her, she'd just find out anyway.

Plus, I didn't lie to Ivy. Ever.

"С Рождеством," Ivy said as she looked up and I glanced over to see Rudlof making his way into the lounge holding two cans of beer.

"И тебя также," Rudlof smiled before he lent over to kiss her head. I really should try to learn Russian.

"Merry Christmas Harry."

"Thank you," I nodded at him as he threw himself onto the other empty sofa. "Did you have a good day?"

"It was alright," Rudlof waved his hand. "You know how it is."

"What was the weather like?" I asked as I draped my arm over the back of the sofa and I felt Ivy shift so she was closer to my side and I glanced at her to find her still engrossed in her conversation with her siblings.

"Wet," Rudlof said before he took a mouthful of his beer. "You want one?"

"No, m'good thanks," I said. "Driving."

"I see," Rudlof nodded before he looked at the TV, watching his son punch a sex worker, yeah that was what GTA was for.

"Do you want a coffee?" Ivy asked and I looked at her to find her already looking at me and I nodded. "Normal, black?"

"Please," I nodded before I kissed her temple before she stood and my arm fell to the sofa now that her small body was gone and I watched Ivy leave the room silently.

I had no idea what to talk about. I'd never known Alexei or Nadia to be this quiet, and I didn't find Rudlof to be as easy to talk to as my own dad.

It wasn't even like I was nervous and trying to impress him! I already knew how he felt about me, our phone call a few months back was confirmation of that.