02:00

"Good driving today Scott," I hear as I'm leaving my trailer, now changed out of my race suit in my normal clothes, a black body suit and blue jeans.

"Thanks," I say putting on my Ferrari hat backwards.

"A few of us are heading out for dinner if you'd like to come?" he said, grinning ear to ear at me.

"Is this man bothering you?" a shorter man stood next to him, "Land Norris," he extended his hand to me and I shook it briefly, stepping down and realising they were both a lot taller than me.

"Madeline Scott," I replied, giving them both a tight smile, "and you're George Russel, thank you for earlier, on the track, the thumbs up?" I try to jog his memory.

"Not a problem, but don't expect that tomorrow durning the race," we all laugh and I agree to go with them for dinner.

"We'll introduce you to the others, I know it can be quite scary being the only female driver," Lando says as we begin to walk down the paddock towards the exit.

"Scary? not at all, intimidating, maybe, but don't tell anyone I said that," I lightly laugh.

"Everyone's friends, off the track anyway, I suppose you and Charles are good friends?" George asks, tapping his pass and walking through the gate.

"Yeah, I don't think he would class us as friends if you asked him." I chuckle, tapping my own card to be let out of the gate but it doesn't let me.

"That's strange," I say, looking at both of the boys who were waiting for me the other side.

"I'm going to need some ID miss," one of the security guards says.

I begin rummaging through my bag, desperately trying to find my ID as a crowd was already starting to form.

"No no, stop, this is ridiculous, do you know who she is?" George storms back over, and my cheeks instantly flush red.

the security guard is at as much of a loss for words as I am, "that's Madeline Scott you're questioning there, so I guess you let her out right now," George defends and the man does as he says, opening the gate for me with his own card.

I sheepishly thank the security guard and George before making a B-line for my car.

"So you're coming then?" Lando asks, a few feet behind me.

unlocking my car, "I suppose so, but I'm just going to go back to the hotel to shower," I say, pulling the car door open.

"Wait, you're the one who pulled up in the M2 this morning?" he questions and I laugh, "is it a promo car or your own?"

"Just a promo, but I don't think one of these wouldn't hurt my garage back home," I joke and we laugh.

"I'll see you there," I say, redlining the M2 but quickly breaking before the barrier at the end of the parking lot.

"Show off!" I hear Lando and George yell behind me, making me laugh.

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀\ō͡≡o˞̶ ˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

"Do you think this looks okay?" I ask Dee who was sat on the bed on her phone across from me.

she looks up and smiles, "you look fit," I laugh and throw a pillow at her, "do you not think it's a bit much, it's just a dinner, they'll probably be wearing what they worse from the paddock," I sigh, pulling my hair in front of my shoulders.

"No such thing as over dressing, you taught me too much - and I know you're looking at your hair wondering if you should dye it and no you shouldn't, chocolate brown suits you," she taps away on her phone.