29:00

"Pierre," I say, my eyes wide as I look back at the now closed door, begging Lando wouldn't come out after me.

"You think I didn't see you sneak in there with Charles?" his eyes were narrowed as he looked at me, and mine were probably wide like I had seen a ghost.

"Charles?" I question. He thought I went in there with Charles? I suppose from the back they may look the same, but it was definitely Lando I was with.

"You get with him even after the bet he organised between us?" he goes on to say and I hold my hands out in front of me.

"Hold on, are you offended?" I was so confused now.

"You're meant to hate him, just like you still hate me, but somehow he gets a free pass?" Pierre says, his voice getting louder, and I was now worried Lando may come out of the room and question what was going on.

"Do I need to continue to treat you like shit for you to like me too? or should was it because you're just trying to get around?" he hisses at me, and I glare back at him offended.

"You sound just like Max," I scoff, trying to walk away from him, but he grabs my wrist, "yeah well Max was right, you're just trying to sleep your way through the grid."

"Says the one who had a whole bet to see who could sleep with me first?" my bloody starting to boil as he brings up the situation with Max, now conflicted with if he was jealous or pissed it wasn't him I chose.

It was better Pierre thought I was with Charles rather than Lando, as that would only cause more problems when he decided to open his mouth.

But now I was at a loss of what to do and how to get myself out of the situation.

"And I do hate Charles, just as much, no in fact more, than I hate you for even partaking in such a childish and mean bet." I hiss, pointing at him, the feelings of what that situation did to me come rushing back.

"What's going on?" a voice comes from the stairs, a voice I was begging wouldn't come.

Pierre and I both look at each other with wide eyes as Charles rounds the top of the stairs, his hands on his hips and his eyebrows furrowed as he stares back at us in confusion.

He makes a run for the door behind me as do I, clutching onto the door handle in fear he would see who's really behind the door.

"Guys, what is going on?" Charles was now looking at me, concerned as to why I was holding onto the door like my life depended on it, because it really did.

"Who's in there Madeline?" Pierre says, trying to the turn the door handle but I had a good grip on it, making sure it wasn't budging.

"No one, mind your fucking business," I say, struggling to keep the door closed as Pierre tries to use his body weight against me.

"Get off her," Charles shoves him off of me, now standing in between us as I watch Pierre back off slightly.

"Mate, you have no idea what you're doing right now," Pierre chuckles breathlessly, pointing at me, about to explain what was really happening.

"You need to back up right now Pierre," Charles says, and although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was glaring back at Pierre, getting the wrong end of the stick.

"Mate, she was in there with Lan-"

"Don't 'mate' me right now-"

"I kissed Lando."

We all spoke at the same time as I screamed out my confession, the suspense getting too much that I know it would just be better if I was honest about what just happened.

We all stand there in silence as we try to come to terms with who said what.

The door behind me opens and I close my eyes, feeling like I was about to throw up.

"Can a guy not get some sleep around... oh my god what is going on," Lando's voice enters the conversation and I wished someone were here to save me right now, "got a whole mothers meeting going on out here," Lando goes on to joke, not gaining a laugh from any of us.

"Tough crowd." 

Charles turns, slowly, as I watch his feet turn toward me, too scared to look up as I knew I had really dug myself into this one.

"Madeline," is all he says, in the same tone he would always speak to me in when he was angry, making me coward away like I was being told off by my dad.

I felt my head getting light as I look up to face him, his eyes almost black with rage, his chest raising and falling quickly as his breathing was evidently loud.

"I can explain," I say quietly, wishing everyone would just leave us so we could talk about this privately.

All and any alcohol that I had consumed had now vanished and I was completely sober, this situation putting me on edge.

He wasn't looking at me anymore, instead straight at Lando who was stood behind me.

Charles lunges for him and I have to move out the way before he clips me instead.

He has Lando by his shirt, up against the door frame, "you kissed her?" he shakes him violently, as Lando looks back at him helplessly.

"So that's what this is about," Lando laughs, graining another violent shake from Charles.

"So what? You treat her like shit," Lando defends, not helping himself as Charles swings his fist into the side of his face, a loud cracking sound echoing around the landing, along with a gasp from myself.

"How dare you," Charles hisses as he tries to punch him again, but Lando moves swiftly, knocking him backwards and away from him.

They were stood a few feet apart, just starring at each other and I didn't know what to say to make anything better.

I didn't know who I was meant to defend; I cared for Lando, he was my best friend and what happened between us never should of happened, but it made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time.

But with Charles I think I would always have a soft spot for him, we had been through so much together and it wasn't until tonight where we had really put an end to all of the games, but for some reason it was now my turn to hurt him, not that I had planned this intentionally. 

Charles takes a quick step towards Lando and I feel my body pulling myself forward without really thinking.

I feel a hard impact on the side of my head before I feel the cold marble floor beneath me and my vision going black.

____________________________________________________________________________

AN: Oh my goodnesssss, drama alertttttt 👀 so much is happening with the book in the next week or so, with it almost coming to an end, some more big plot twist about to drop, you guys honestly have no ideaaaaa.

The competition live is in a few hours, 8AM Sydney, Australia time - which is 9 hours ahead of England. if you want the chance to have a F1 story written about you and your favourite driver, all you have to do is follow my wattpad and TikTok and join the live tomorrow morning to comment your name, favourite driver and what trope you'd like the book to be!!!

Happy reading babies, love you guys as alwaysssss, see you tomorrow 🤭