34:00

Singapore:

Lewis Hamilton P1

George Russel P2

Madeline Scott P3

"Good fucking job Mads," George says as I step out of the car, ingulfing me in a bear hug.

"Ahhh, we did it!" I yell, hugging him back jumping up and down.

"I suppose Ferrari do have strategies after all," he jokes about earlier and I slap him on his shoulder, laughing.

"Let me in," Lewis says as he wraps his arms around the two of us, all of us jumping up and down as the fireworks flare up around us, the crowd cheering.

"Although I am still mad at you for cutting me off," George says pointing at me, a pretend stern look on his face, "you still beat me so does it matter?" I laugh as we take a step back from the group hug.

"So I am the better driver, oh Mads you're too kind," he pushes my shoulder playfully and I roll my eyes laughing.

"Don't let it get to your head, it's big enough." I point, turning to the side to try and find my dad.

"What does she mean? is my head big?" I hear him frantically asking Lewis behind me and I chuckle to myself, enjoying the moment.

I would never get over this feeling, getting to stand on a podium next to some of my best friends, driving for a team I adored.

Everything was perfect.

I pop the visor on my helmet, tears flooding my eyes as I see my dad clapping behind the barrier, a smile wide on his face. I blow a kiss towards him, and he catches it, holding his hand over his heart.

"Charles was P4!" one of the mechanics call out to me and I raise my hands above my head in triumph, looking around for him as I wanted to share the moment with him.

I see him stepping out of his car behind mine and run over to him, taking my helmet off as I do so.

He sees me running towards him and opens his arms for me to jump into them, spinning me around.

"Congratulations amor," he says into my ear, muffled slightly by his helmet.

He releases his hold on me, taking off his helmet as he grins at me.

"Fuck the cameras," I say before kissing him, the cameras around us flashing and snapping away as the crowd cheer louder.

I smile into the kiss as he wraps his hands around my waist, lifting me up off the ground again as we laugh.

He places me back down but doesn't let me go as he stares into my eyes, the world around us slowing down.

"ti amo amor," he says into my ear as he buries his head into the crook of my neck.

It meant more than the last time he said it, more that he was saying it in Italian and more that he was saying it now, after everything we had been through.

Those butterflies I used to feel in my stomach were gone, instead I felt a strange sense of calmness as he spoke, my heart remaining a steady beat and my head allowing me to enjoy the moment with him, instead of gaslighting me into thinking otherwise.

Nothing else mattered.

We're pulled apart by different interviews, asking us various questions, the adrenaline I was getting was better than any drug I had ever taken (I don't do drugs)

"Wow Madeline, what a win today for Ferrari," David Croft says, putting the microphone in front of me.

"Incredible race today, David, I'm feeling extremely grateful for everyone on this team, the mechanics, Vasseur, the staff who feed us, transport us to races, everyone who is involved behind the scenes, this one's for you," I say before grabbing the camera and kissing it.

I look behind me again for Charles, but he is still doing another interview, instead I look inside the garage to see the other drivers being weighed and make my way over.

We had a good race, a fair battle with George, although getting a little heated half way through the race, but none of that mattered now.

"Madeline," I hear my name being called through the crowd.

Hoping it was Charles catching up, I turn to see Toto stalking towards me and my stomach drops. No, please not here, I think to myself, hoping he wasn't about to bring up the contract again in front of everyone.

"Amazing race today," he shakes my hand enthusiastically, grinning at me as I sheepishly take it, waiting for the punch line.

"Can't wait to have you on the team next season," he says, still smiling as he looks past me, looking at someone else.

As I turn to see who he's looking at, I notice Vasseur not too far away now, only a metre, so having heard the interaction.

I turn to see if Toto was still stood before me, but he had already slithered back into the sea of people, leaving me with a very uncomfortable conversation that was about to unfold.

"Is that true Madeline?" he asks me, taking a step closer to me, trying to keep his voice low in the crowded room.

"I- er," I stumble on my words, not knowing how to get myself out of this.

I had not yet accepted or declined the contract from Toto, this was just a stunt to push me to accept, making things known and awkward for me and the rest of my duration at Ferrari.

"No, it's not, I haven't accepted or declined it yet." I state, holding my chin up as not to look cowardly in this situation.

"Why have you not disclosed this with me sooner?" he looks mad, really mad as he furrows his eyebrows, pressing me for an answer.

"Because it is not an issue as of now." I state firmly, because it was true, it wasn't an issue.

"Carlos will be returning for Japan next week; you will be on reserve until we have come to a final decision." He states, crossing his arms.

"Vasseur-"

He holds his hand up to stop me, "you want to go about this sneakily, I will do exactly the same." He states slyly.

I scoff, "I wasn't sneaky about anything, I've had an offer, that is all." I attempt to lower the intensity of this situation, now knowing that my seat was on thin ice.

"We will hold a team meeting at the end of the season about this." He ignores my pervious statement, his look completely cold.

"Mads come on!" George calls from the front of the garage, waving for me to come to the podium.

I hold my hand up, signalising him to give me a second and he nods with a concerned look on his face.

"This conversation is far from over." Vasseur says as he walks on past me and out the garage.

I stand for a second and collect my breath before leaving the garage too and walking over to George and Lewis.

"Everything alright?" Lewis asks, passing me his drink which I decline.

I let out a shaky breath as I look around the podium wall at all the people standing and waiting for us to come out, a big amount of anxiety taking over me as Vasseur's threats were definitely not empty ones, I knew he was being serious.

I had to make a decision quickly if I was going to take Toto's offer or not, but I was still heavily conflicted.

"He knows." Is all I say before stepping out onto the podium to claim my third place trophy, making the most of this moment before it was over.