(6)

3rd person POV:-

The three of them were walking towards the Hokage's office, Sasuke leading the way and Naruto and Sakura following.
"Naruto??" Sakura called in a low voice.
Naruto raised an eyebrow and looked  at Sakura who was already looking at her feet.
"What?" Naruto asked her.
"Thank you." She said in a same low voice.
"For what?" Naruto asked narrowing his eyebrows.
"For saving me earlier." She said.
"Look don't get the wrong idea. I haven't forgiven you for what you said." He said and continued walking.
"Umm, Naruto?" She said again.
"What now?" Naruto stopped in his tracks.
"Don't tell Sasuke-kun." She said still looking down.
"Huh????"
'At first she hurt my feelings and now she is worried about Sasuke. How can I even think of liking this girl.'
He thought in his mind.
"What do you think of me? A coward or a idiot?" He asked throwing his hands in the air.
"Both." Sasuke came from behind.
"I didn't asked you, teme." Naruto said looking behind at his friend.
"Now, let's go." He said and both of them started walking.
"Umm, what were you doing with Neji  and Hinata yesterday?" Sakura asked trying to start a conversation.
"Hn, I was thinking about that too." Sasuke said being a little curious too.
"What you guys have to do with my private life?" Naruto asked not answering their question.
"Come on, tell us we are your friends." Sakura clinged into Naruto's hand just incase to impress him so that he doesn't says anything to Sasuke.
"Would you please stop that,Sakura? My tshirt is gonna rip apart." Naruto said freeing himself from Sakura and continue walking. He just moved forward from them and put his hands behind his neck.
Sakura was kind of scared that, what if he tells Sasuke.
"He will tell us when he is in the mood." Sasuke said while putting one hand over Sakura's shoulder.
She blushed like tomato then nodded. Naruto looked at them by the corner of his eyes then just rolled them in annoyance.
Sasuke soon caught up with Naruto and Sakura still 10 feet away from them, recovering from the touch of Sasuke.
"Have you asked her?" Sasuke said looking at his friend.
"Asked whom? What?" Naruto said looking at Sasuke and narrowing his eyes.
"Don't pretend to play cool." Sasuke said, annoyance clear in his voice.
"I am not. Would please tell me what you tried to mean?" Naruto said putting his hands back to the normal position.
"Huh..... Have you asked Sakura out yet?" Sasuke said looking at Naruto's face.
Naruto made an 'o' face then put his hands again behind his neck. He looked at the road and answered,
"No."
"Why? Lack of courage?" Sasuke said while smirking.
"Nah. Just don't want to." Naruto said still looking at the road.
"Why? Fear of rejection, scaredy cat?" Sasuke said.
"Dude, why are you interested in my love life that much? Does anyone payed you?" Naruto answered.
Sasuke rolled his eyes and stopped questioning.
There was silence for some moment the Naruto spoke up,
"Ahem...." Sasuke looked at Naruto.
"If you want to know why I didn't asked her out then I need to clear something." Sasuke looked at him with curiosity.
"Well I don't like her. Maybe I thought I did somedays ago but now I don't."
Naruto finished.
This news was kind of shocking even to Sasuke.
"Are you sick?" Sasuke asked out of blue.
"What?? Why would I be sick??" Naruto said with a confusing look in his face.
"No, I mean you were crazy for her just like 5 days ago. what happened with you? Are you lying to me?" Sasuke asked frowning his eyebrows.
"What makes you think I am lying. Wait, I will prove you wrong. If I liked Sakura then when she clinged onto me, I would've blushed like crazy or I would never shove her off." Naruto said adding some theory for making Sasuke believe.
Sasuke seemed to be in a deep thought then he came back to reality and nodded.
"And beside that I like someone else." Naruto looked straight to the road. Well mostly he said this to make Sasuke believe his words.
"Who is that girl?" Sasuke asked looking directly into Naruto's face. Well he kinda knew that Naruto could be lying to him so he wanted make sure he was right.
Naruto kinda felt panicked. He just said that but he didn't planned this further. He tried to think any kind of beautiful girl he has met. He couldn't remember any so he tried making names. But he knew that Sasuke will find out anyhow. His mind was panicking but he tried to keep a calm face. He looked at Sasuke who was still looking at him, narrowing his eyebrows. He panicked more.
'He is definitely gonna find out.' Naruto panicked more in his mind.
Sasuke on the other hand realized something was wrong.
Naruto was trying to remember any possible face then he remembered Hinata's. He remembered her face, her smile. He stopped panicking and smiled. Unknown to him a little pink blush crept over his whiskers.
Sasuke noticed his friend's face. He smirked.
"Who is the girl?" Sasuke said while smirking.
"Like I am gonna tell you." Naruto looked straight and smiled.
"Why? Have you done something that we don't know?" Sasuke asked.
Naruto knew he was testing him out. He then remembered the earlier incident of today morning. His face was now red as tomato. He looked away from Sasuke.

Sasuke didn't asked anything else. Now he was sure that what he thought was totally wrong. That idiot friend of his has really fallen for someone else that isn't Sakura.

After some time they reached at the Hokage office. Sasuke knocked at the door.
"Come in." Came the voice of 5th Hokage. They entered and saw Kakashi already standing there. They somehow guessed that they have to go to a mission.
"Team Kakashi, You are setting out on a mission to the Land of Snow to guard Yukie Fujikaze, a popular actress, from Doto Kazahana and his henchmen as she shoots her new movie. Here are the papers and the other details are in there. You may leave today by noon." Tsunade said.
"Hai." The three of them said and Kakashi just nodded.
"You are dismissed now." She said and they left the office.
"Another mission....." Naruto mumbled and smiled while walking.
"That dobe....." Sasuke sighed and Sakura joined him. Kakashi just laughed at his students excitement.
They went to their house and packed their stuffs. They agreed to meet on the gate around 12:30.
Naruto finished packing and looked at the clock,
11:50
He had plenty of time to leave. He looked at his surroundings and it was clean. He went over to his bed and lied there. He closed his eyes to rest a bit. Suddenly, he sniffled something. Still his eyes closed he frowned and tried to figure out who's scent was that. It was familiar to him.
Then it hit him, it was Hinata's. He smiled. He sniffled more. He buried his face in his pillow devouring more scent of her. It was a fading scent of lavender. He deeply thought about it and it calmed him. His mind became peaceful and dreamy. He almost felt sleepy. He dimly opened his eyes and looked at the clock,
11:54
He still had time but he didn't wanted to be late. So unwanting to him, he got up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.
"I am getting addicted day by day." He smiled and took his backpack and set out for his mission.
He was walking down in the market. He looked at his surroundings and people are more busier day by day. He was walking absent mindly and then a conversation hit him. He looked at a shop next to him.
Girl 1: Hey, have Tadaki asked you out for the festival?
Girl 2: (she was blushing hard) Y-yes.
Girl 1: (She danced in exictement) I am going with Hitomi.
They jumped together.
Naruto laughed at their excitement and continued walking. He looked around him and realised there were plenty of couples outside. Then his eyes feel on Neji and Tenten. It was a rare sight so, He looked closely and they were walking together, then Neji stopped and told something to Tenten. She blushed like tomato and Neji looked at her deeply, she said something which seemed like 'yes' and they started walking together again.
He realised that actually he asked her out for the festival.
Naruto then feel on a deep thought. He would have asked Sakura but he knew he didn't wanted and he knew too that she might go with Sasuke. So he dropped the Idea. He kinda felt disappointed when he realised he has to go alone.
Then he bumped into someone.
"Oh, sorry sorry, I was walking absent mindly." He apologized and then he noticed a familiar figure.
"Ahh... Naruto-kun I-i am sorry." Hinata apologized.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" He smiled.
"My f-father and s-sister went out for a clan matter. I came with them." She replied.
"Oh... They left already?"
"H-hai." Hinata mentally slapped herself for shuttering.
Naruto suddenly seemed to be in a deep thought, then asked her,
"Ne, Hinata are you coming to the festival?"
Hinata's cheeks pink(ed) a little then she answered, "Yes, why not?"
"I have to go on a mission and I am not even sure if I can made it on time." A dark aura covered him.
Hinata kinda guessed that by the pakage at his back.
"Ano, Naruto-kun it's okay I think y-you will m-manage." She tried to cheer him up. His dark aura disappeared and he came back to normal.
"Can I ask y-you something?" He said nervously.
"Yeah."
"Umm, do you think.... umm....I mean will you... uh... Can you.....uh...." Naruto shuttered.
"What I?"
'Why are you hesitating dumb? Just say it you idiot or anyone will do it. Just say!!!!' Naruto slapped himself inside his mind.
He looked at her and she was already looking at him. He inhaled a long breath and,
"If I come back on time, do you think you can come with me and join the festival?" He said in one breath, closing his eyes shut and blushing on his cheeks. God knows that what is gonna happen.
_________________________________________