(17)

3rd person pov ~~

Naruto looked at her while she was walking beside him. She was as beautiful as the day he left her. They were just talking about some random things. Actually Naruto was just checking up on her.

"So, Hinata are you officially a chunin now?"

Hinata felt his gaze on her and her cheeks became pink again. It doesn't matter how hard she tries but whenever she thinks about him she always blushes.

"Hinata?"

She became startled for once and then shyly tugged back a piece of hair behind her ears and smiled a little.

-"Ano, Naruto-kun...."

Naruto almost felt a hope rising up in his heart as he heard her. So, that leaves two of them who haven't became a chunin yet.

"Don't worry Hina-, Hinata. We can give the chunin exam together."

Naruto goofy-ly smiled towards her and she couldn't become more red.

-"Ano, Naruto-kun, that's not the case... Actually... I am a...."

Naruto frowned and stopped walking. He looked at her while she was struggling with words.

Don't tell me she's a chunin now....

-"Actually, I am a J-Jonin now and soon I am thinking about joining the Anbu..."

"Oh, it's alright... You're a Joni-" As if he finally realised what she said just right now and the realisation finally hit him like a Thunderbolt.

"YOU'RE A JONIN NOW!!!! AND YOU'RE GOING TO JOIN THE ANBU!!!!"

-"Naruto-kun, don't shout like that... Actually.... I..... Eh... Naruto-kun...."

She couldn't finish her words as she saw purple lines hanging over Naruto's head and his head hanging low while his eyes were covered with shadows.

An animated tear appeared in his cheeks and she didn't knew what to do after this.

"Everyone is a chuin now.... Even you're a Jonin.... Why I am late at everything....."

He thought that only Hinata was waiting for him but turns out that she was almost now three levels upper than him. Oh dear Kami why.....

-"Naruto-kun, cheer up. I know you can do this in no matter of time...."

Hinata tried to cheer him up as she didn't knew he would have a breakdown after knowing that she's a Jonin.

But she understands him. After staying away from the village for this long time and then after coming back, hearing that all of your friends have levelled up would only break your heart.

Naruto looked at her with side eye and saw her struggling with words. Then he looked at the hand on his shoulder which he didn't noticed until now.

Hinata squeezed his shoulder a little more tightly and gave him a thumbs up for cheering him up.

After that she saw a little fire of hope burning in his eyes and he finally stood up with his head held high.

Then suddenly he started of giving a firing aura around him and some animated fire started to burn in his eyes. He held up a fist closer to his face and looked so determined.

Much similar with Guy Sensei and Lee, Hinata thought.

"I will show everyone of what I am capable of. I will show them the power of 'Will Of Fire' inside me!"

The firing aura doubled around him and Hinata had to step back a little to look at him standing like that.

Naruto's unexpected outburst made her laugh a little.