Chapter 65- Ten Months!

Chapter 65
       The Sect Master was right. If the current Long feng was to compete against Han Man, then his defeat was simply unchangeable. He was bound to suffer a defeat. In other words, his request seemed unlikely to ever occur.
"I never said I would battle him now!" Long feng said.
Everyone was confused. Long feng was simply playing with their minds.
"What do you mean?" A Core elder asked fiercely. They had all had enough of Long feng.
"What I mean is, I will return to compete against Han Man within ten months!" Long feng replied.
Even Yan Jian and Li yu'er stared at him blankly.
Was this some sort of a joke?
Han Man was a rank one Yang level cultivator! What level was the current Long feng? The gap between them would seem impossible to cover to any ordinary talent!
"You will reach the Yang level within ten months?" An elder asked to be sure.
Long feng nodded unhesitatingly.
"I don't have to attain the Yang level before I can defeat Han Man. All I ask for is ten months." He replied.
"Do you know what you are saying?" The Sect Master asked.
Long feng nodded again.
"Sect master, you can't possibly be thinking of accepting this ridiculous request! We all know that it is impossible. Han Man is the greatest talent in the history of this sect, yet it took him twenty years to attain the Yang level! This boy is merely trying to escape!" The leader of the Elite court chipped in.
"Once you accept his offer and let him leave, he will probably run away from this province completely!" Another elder added.
The others nodded.
"If I escape, I will only face ridicule and mockery from people. No matter how powerful i become, people will still call me a coward. I will definitely return within ten months. You have my word!" Long feng said. If the Sect Master refused to accept his request, then him and his friends were probably doomed. Even if he was killed, he wanted to leave Yan Jian and Li yu'er out of it.
"What would we do with your word? Who do you think you are? A talent of the Jianhai clan?" The leader of the Elite court sneered.
The Sect Master frowned. Even he felt that Long feng was merely trying to buy an escape chance for himself. The Yang level was a boundary which millions of people were unable to attain throughout their lives. From the Yin level, each level became harder the more you cultivate. It was simply an impossible task to attain the Yang level from the Yin level within ten months. Even ten years seemed impossible!
The Sect Master sighed helplessly. No matter how much interest he had in Long feng, it remained unchanged that Long feng had committed a grievous offense.
He was about to speak when someone spoke before him.
"Sect master, please accept his request!" A figure bowed before the Sect Master.
Everyone was taken aback by who the figure was. Even Long feng, who was already thinking of an escape route was stunned.
Han Man!
The Sect Master felt complicated. What was going on?
"Why?" He asked. The other elders couldn't interrupt because Han Man had more status than most of them!
"Long feng dares to challenge me within ten months. That means he looks down on me. It is only right for me to accept his challenge and prove to all of you that my talent is unparalleled!" His voice spread far and wide.
He was actually feeling humiliated that Long feng had challenged him!
Long feng smiled to himself. It seemed that Han Man would begin to dig his grave today.
"You don't really believe that he can become strong enough to compete against you within ten months?" Someone asked.
Han Man smiled.
"Who knows? He could actually turn out to be a worthy opponent after all!" He replied.
"But I have a condition!" He added, turning to Long feng. His gaze was disdainful, as if he didn't even place Long feng in his eyes.
"If you wish to battle me within ten months, it will have to be a battle to the death! If I win, you wouldn't even dream of leaving the stage alive. If, by any chance you manage to win, I wouldn't say anything even if you kill me!" Han Man said.
Long feng didn't think twice about it.
"I accept your conditions" he replied. He stood in sharp contention against Han Man.
"You have ten months. Your battle against Han Man would decide your fate." The sect master said to Long feng, although he didn't think that Long feng had any chance against Han Man.
"And do not think about leaving this province within the ten months! I will be watching you!" The leader of the Elite court added. She particularly seemed to not like Long feng.
Long feng clasped his fist slightly before fleeing the Palace with Yan Jian and Li yu'er.
"Long feng, are you insane? How can you set such an impossible duel?" Yan Jian berated Long feng outside the palace.
Li yu'er's brows were also furrowed under her veil.
"It isn't completely impossible. Ten months is just enough for me to prepare for the province competition. I could use someone like Han Man to push me further. Besides, if I win, the Mortal heaven sect would send me to represent them in the province competition" Long feng wasn't bothered much by what just happened.
"You have completely lost it! When have anyone ever attained the Yang level within ten months? I agree that your talent is definitely above Han Man's talent, but even talents need time to grow!" Yan Jian almost shouted.
Long feng shrugged.
"That's it. We are leaving this province!" Yan Jian said.
Long feng smiled.
"Trust me brother Yan, I will not lose." He assured.
Yan Jian pulled his hair in frustration.
"I know that you can win, but not now. You would need at least five years to reach that level. Why can't you understand?" He asked, then turned to Li yu'er. "Miss Li, please help me out!" He pleaded.
Li yu'er averted her gaze from the two of them, signifying that she was not helping.
"Brother feng, I really do care about you and that is why I am advising you to come with me to the blue sky province. Your cultivation Speed would definitely improve!" Yan Jian tried to speak gently, but all his words fell on deaf ears.
             Based on normal logic, it should have been impossible for someone at Long feng's level to dream of attaining the Yang level within even ten years! Anyone who heard of Long feng's plans would definitely think he was insane.
          But Long feng knew his limits and what he was capable of doing. His aim wasn't the spirit level or the imperial level, but to attain power comparable to Wu Kong!
If he couldn't even defeat someone like Han Man within ten months, who was he to hope to be like Wu Kong? He would only be making a joke out of himself.....