Chapter 175- The enraged yin monarchs

Chapter 175

Long Feng dragged his tattered figure and slowly walked deeper into the forest. Naturally, the both armies didn't try to stop him, as in their perspective, he was simply worsening his situation by heading deeper into the forest.

"Keep an eye on that brat!" The burly yin monarch gave Long Feng a second glance as he ordered a high rank yin soldier using his divine sense, after which he focused on his fight.

Long Feng didn't know how long he had walked for, because his conciousness was getting blurry. He could barely see where he was going. All he knew was that he was no longer surrounded by Yin ghosts and humans in all sides. He was at the very center of the yin ghosts forest, where the ghost energy was so dense that even a Dao realm master wouldn't be able to see far away.

The deeper he walked, the denser the ghost energy around him. Suddenly, he was startled back to his senses by a powerful aura not far from him. But this aura didn't give off any feeling of life, so he staggered over.

Soon, he paused with a shocked expression on his face. Right before him was a chain which was as thick as a grown man's arm! Countless divine runes flickered on the chain as it exuded an ancient aura.

It seemed to extend from the very center of the forest and vanished into space as though it didn't exist. The profound aura it emanated also made it apparent that this chain was far from being ordinary.

"This chain… why do I feel like it is a formation?" Long Feng muttered.
"Forget it. I will naturally know what it is if I go further"

After all, he couldn't return back even if he wanted to do so. He would rather face this unknown object than to return and be suppressed by those unfathomable figures.

He increased his pace and walked along the path where the divine chains led to. Soon, he paused in shock. Not far from him was another divine chain. If not for the one beside him, he would think that it was actually the same chain.

"There's another one. Could they be more than one? It would make more sense if the chains all meet in the center, which means I will eventually see all of them" Long Feng was beginning to feel some anticipation of what was in the very center of the forest, which was a secret unknown even to the four dynasties. He really hoped he could find something useful there, though it was very unlikely to happen.

He once again increased his pace and walked along with hurried footsteps. After what seemed to be an hour, he reached an area where the ghost energy was so dense that he could barely see what was in front of him. Nevertheless, he could feel a huge change in the surrounding ghost energy which signified that he was very close to the center.

A few minutes later, Long Feng paused and stared at the area in front of him with an incredulous look.

Right in front of him was what seemed like a huge coffin large enough to hold five adults!

The coffin was pitch black and was covered in runes which flickered occasionally, spreading an awesome inspiring aura into the surroundings. The coffin was held in midair by nine divine chains in different directions, looking like a huge sealing formation.

This thought startled Long Feng.
"A sealing formation? This is the secret of the yin ghosts? What are they sealing?"
He could sense a faint soul power fluctuation from these chains, which made him sure that they were formations. The question was, what was this formation sealing?

"Brother Long Feng!" Hua Liuli's voice startled Long Feng out of his thoughts. He hurriedly projected his soul power into the origin spirit palace.

"What happened…" he paused when his gaze drifted to Li Yue'er.