~"ye mera office hai"~

Umeed's degree was over, which meant that both Pasha sahab and Farjaad were after her, nagging her about "doing something productive". If student life was infuriating, she didn't even want to know what the post-graduation phase was about to bring. Can a girl not rest and free her mind for a few weeks? At this point she was considering joining as a sales person in the nearest store to get these two men off her back. AND IT WAS ONLY TWO WEEKS SINCE GRADUATION. 

It wasn't that she didn't want to work. Of course she did. She wanted to work really hard. In fact, she had already planned it all out - start a job, start earning her own money, save for her cafe, and open it a few months down the road. She had even applied for entry level positions at a couple of places. But these two men just wouldn't stop. 

Farjaad had proposed a simple solution - work as an intern at his company for the period while she was looking for a job, and then leave it when she gets one. He thought it would give her a taste of how the practical world worked and help her when she starts her real job. She was up for it. It made sense too. 

There was only one problem - how could she possibly focus on work while Farjaad was right there? Not only could she not take her eyes off of him, but also she would fumble and screw things up in her efforts to impress him.  

Umeed let out a sigh. This man brought out a crazy little teenager in her. 

But she would be lying if she said that a part of her didn't want to witness Farjaad at work. As much as she trolled him for it, she found him the most attractive when he was focused on his work. 

In his work attire. 

"Acha Umeed bas! Itna bhi acha nahi hai wo ab!"

She reminded herself out loud as she blushed at the thought of getting to see Farjaad daily. 

She was going to accept his offer. Of course she was!

~ A few days later ~

It was her first day at Farjaad's office today. To say she was nervous would be an understatement. She couldn't sleep all night. And then she couldn't even complete her chai out of the anxiety she was feeling. After trying on three different outfits, she finally settled on a navy blue two piece solid. Of course after asking Haya for reassurance some fifteen times. Farjaad said he'd pick her up for the first day at least, and she couldn't stop pacing around the room while waiting for him.

Farjaad wasn't coping up any better either. For someone who had been doing this same routine on loop for years, he was really losing his composure at the thought of Umeed being there, observing him all day. Just the thought of this girl sends his whole life into a whirlwind, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Throwing away the third tie he tried, he facepalmed himself. 

Him? Getting late because he couldn't find an impressive enough outfit? "Uff Umeed!" 

Mimi came into his room, concerned. 

"Bhai, aap niklay nahi hein abhi tak? Dair nahi ho rahi aap ko? Tabyat theek hai?"

"Mimi, batao, tie konsi sahi jaye gi is ke saath?"

"Bhaiii? Oh wait, Umeed ne aaj se aana hai office?"

Mimi bit back a smile as she raised her eyebrow at her brother. This was new. And fascinating. Farjaad opened his mouth to come up with a response, but then shut it right away. There was nothing he could say. Mimi chuckled and handed him a dark grey tie to go with his navy blue suit and sky blue shirt. Quickly putting it on and running a hand through his hair, he rushed out. 

Mimi stood there smiling at her brother. She knew Umeed would be a good influence in her brother's life, and she loved to see the impact. 

                                                               ***********************