~ late mornings and celebrations ~

Farjaad tapped his fingers on his stretched out legs as he continued staring at Umeed, hoping that something would help him get some attention from her. It did not help. She was very busy staring into her laptop screen and typing away. His next plan of action was to start humming out romantic tunes. 

"Farjaad, do minute chup ho jayein, mein kaam kar rahi hoon."

Farjaad huffed. This wasn't going to work. He had to try something else. He finally got out of the bed and walked over to the sofa where Umeed was seated, throwing himself right next to her. Umeed made an annoyed face and shifted away from him. Farjaad shifted towards her. The fight continued till Umeed had reached the edge of the couch and had no further room. 

Farjaad smirked at her annoyance, before placing his arm on the back of the sofa, shifting even closer to her. 

"Aur ye tumhara kaam kab khatam ho ga?"

"Bas thora sa hi reh gaya hai, aadha ghenta aur."

"Aadha ghenta mazeed abhi?"

"Jee, aap so jayein"

Farjaad let out the loudest groan at this suggestion. 

"Aik masla hai us mein"

"Aur wo kya hai?"

He could sense her question was an unconscious response, not out of actual interest in his rambling. 

"Tumharay bghair neend hi nahi aati"

He said as he began playing with a lose strand of hair on her shoulder, wrapping it around his finger and slightly tugging on it. 

For the first time all night, Umeed actually stopped working and turned to look at him. He had his head placed on the back of the couch, eyes staring at her without blinking. Umeed couldn't help the momentary shifting of her eyes towards his parted lips. She knew this look very well. She knew what this meant. She knew this wouldn't end well. 

"Nahi nahi nahiii, aaj nahi ho ga ye. Nope"

Umeed vehemently shook her head focusing back on the laptop screen. Farjaad bit his lip to stop the chuckle from escaping, but couldn't help the smirk that formed on his face. He shifted even closer to her, bringing his mouth right next to the exposed part of her shoulder, his hot breath making Umeed jump. 

"Ye? Ye kya? Mene to kuch kaha bhi nahi hai"

Umeed gulped. She took deep breaths to calm herself down, but his words and the proximity of his breath mixed with the scent of his cologne was making it hard for her. 

"Haan albata agar tumhara koi mood hai, to mujhe aiteraaz nahi hai koi."

Farjaad brought his finger to her collarbones, pushing strands of hair to the back, exposing her shoulder and neck muscles entirely. His T-shirt that Umeed was wearing fell loose on her and Farjaad was making full use of this fact. He let his finger trace the length of her collarbone all the way up to her shoulder. 

Umeed closed her eyes, trying to avoid the burning sensation that she felt at every inch that he touched. She nudged him by her elbow and turned to look at him. 

"Farjaad, mein serious hoon. Mein kaam kar rahi hoon, aap mujhe tang na karein"

"Aik to tumharay kaam se mein buhat tang hoon. Jab dekho kaam kaam kaam!"

Umeed raised both her eyebrows at his audacity, but was met by a pretentious angry face.

"Ye baat AAP keh rahay hein?"